LINGUIST List 31.322
Thu Jan 23 2020
Jobs: German; General Linguistics: Scientist, 7.ai
Editor for this issue: Everett Green <everettlinguistlist.org>
Juliette McIlroy <juliette.mcilroy
German; General Linguistics: Scientist, 7.ai, USA E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: 7.ai
Department: Data Science
Job Location: , USA
Web Address: https://www.247.ai
Job Title: Speech Scientist - German
Job Rank: Scientist
Specialty Areas: General Linguistics; Natural Language Processing, Tuning Speech Based Solutions
Required Language(s): German (deu)
7 is redefining the way companies interact with consumers. Using artificial intelligence and machine learning to understand consumer intent, 7’s technology helps companies create a personalized, predictive and effortless customer experience across all channels. The world’s largest and most recognizable brands are using intent-driven engagement from 7 to assist several hundred million visitors annually, through more than 1.5 billion conversations, most of which are automated. The result is an order of magnitude improvement in digital adoption, customer satisfaction, and revenue growth.
The Data Sciences team is responsible for building and implementing state-of-the-art predictive solutions that address consumer needs across the life cycle of their interactions with our clients. We are developing the science of intuitive consumer experience using machine learning, artificial intelligence, data mining, statistics, natural language processing, and text mining. We drive non-linear business outcomes for our clients using Data Science.
We are seeking a Speech Scientist with German language capabilities
Bachelors or Master’s degree with relevant Speech Science experience in one of the following fields, or equivalent work experience in a related field:
- Computer Science
- Computer Applications
- Machine Learning
- Computational Linguistics/ Linguistics
- Cognitive Sciences/ Psychology
- Understand client’s business to be able to articulate the business problem, create relevant solutions using technical knowledge and deploy the solutions to drive revenue
- Build, test and tune Natural Language and intent classification models
- Lead application data optimization and analysis
- Create and present optimization reports to external clients
- Identify application performance problems and make recommendations to resolve them
- Apply speech science to optimize recognition across all 7 speech accounts
- Work independently with ownership to manage and drive outcomes on assigned accounts while supporting cross-functional team efforts on additional accounts
- Independently own and execute projects end to end, keeping in mind standardization and scale across accounts
- Collaborate and work closely with several key stakeholders (account managers, VUI design, engineering, product, R&D) to drive revenue generation
Experience and Skills:
- Minimum 1+ years (3+ years preferred) of relevant experience in product/service companies - retail, telecom, hospitality, and financial verticals preferred.
- Speech recognition and IVR solutions experience is a must.
- Experience with Natural Language Processing and statistical language modeling
- Strong Linguistic background and tuning speech based solutions
- Good working knowledge of predictive modeling and data mining. Machine learning knowledge a key differentiator
- Experience with big data processing and statistical analysis using Hadoop, SQL, and/or R
- Ability to code in scripting languages, Python.
- Strong analytical background and proven ability to make data-driven decisions
- Detail oriented
- Excellent communication skills and ability to collaborate and talk to clients
- Ability to work in unstructured environments and with multiple stakeholders
- Delivery focus
- Self-starter, high motivation to learn and grow
- Language intuition
- Native-level fluency in German language is preferred
Apply at the application link below.
If you have any difficulty applying online you may email your resume to me directly at the application email below.
Lead Technical Recruiter
Thanks for applying!
Application Deadline: (Open until filled)
Email Address for Applications: juliette.mcilroy
Web Address for Applications: https://www.247.ai/career-search?gh_jid=4590704002
Lead Technical Recruiter Juliette McIlroy
Page Updated: 23-Jan-2020