LINGUIST List 30.4353
Fri Nov 15 2019
Jobs: Language Acquisition: Lecturer, University of Floirda
Editor for this issue: Becca Morris <beccalinguistlist.org>
Delores Tillman <dtillman
Language Acquisition: Lecturer, University of Floirda, Gainesville, Florida, USA E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: University of Floirda
Department: Department of Languages, Literatures and Cultures
Job Location: Florida, USA
Web Address: https://languages.ufl.edu/
Job Title: Lecturer
Job Rank: Lecturer
Specialty Areas: Language Acquisition
The Department of Languages, Literatures and Cultures at the University of Florida, College of Liberal Arts and Sciences invites applications for the position of Lecturer in French and Francophone studies with a focus on language and culture, to begin August 16, 2020. This is a full-time, renewable, nine-month non-tenure accruing position.
- Teach three undergraduate language and culture classes per semester;
- Contribute to the development and teaching of French for professional purposes courses (such as Business French and French for Health). Under certain circumstances, the successful candidate may also
- Participate in experiential learning opportunities such as summer study abroad; and
- Assist with the placement of lower-division students and with the supervision of lower-division French courses.
- M.A. degree in French language or culture, French and Francophone studies, or other relevant area such as second language acquisition, linguistics and language pedagogy. Native or near-native proficiency in French and English with experience teaching French at the U.S. college/university-level teaching experience.
- Ph.D. and/or expertise in language-learning technology and designing online courses.
For full consideration, applications must be submitted online at the application link provided and must include:
- Letter of application,
- Complete curriculum vitae,
- Statement of teaching philosophy,
- Sample sets of student evaluations, and
- Three confidential letters of recommendation.
To ensure full consideration, applications should be received by January 3, 2020, but the search will remain open until the position is filled. Applications received after January 3, 2020 may be considered at the discretion of the committee.
Questions may be directed to Dr. Brigitte Weltman-Aron, Chair, French Search Committee, at the contact information below.
Application Deadline: 03-Jan-2020 (Open until filled)
Web Address for Applications: http://apply.interfolio.com/71389
Dr. Brigitte Weltman-Aron
Page Updated: 15-Nov-2019