LINGUIST List 30.3153
Fri Aug 16 2019
Jobs: English; Applied Linguistics; Discipline of Linguistics; General Linguistics; Ling & Literature; Translation: Asst/Assoc Professor, Guilin University of Technology
Editor for this issue: Becca Morris <beccalinguistlist.org>
Guilin University of Technology <2017135
English; Applied Linguistics; Discipline of Linguistics; General Linguistics; Ling & Literature; Translation: Asst/Assoc Professor, Guilin University of Technology, China E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: Guilin University of Technology
Department: The School of Foreign Studies
Job Location: Guilin City of Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region, China
Web Address: http://www.glut.edu.cn/
Job Title: Researcher and Professor in Linguistics
Job Rank: Asst/Assoc Professor
Specialty Areas: Applied Linguistics; Discipline of Linguistics; General Linguistics; Ling & Literature; Translation
Required Language(s): English (eng)
The School of Foreign Studies at Guilin University of Technology (www.glut.edu.cn
) invites qualified applicants to apply for associate or assistant professor positions in the areas of linguistics and language studies.
We seek candidates with research scholarship in linguistics studies and teaching expertise in English language teaching. Expertise in one or more of the following areas (theoretical linguistics, language teaching, psycholinguistics, cognitive linguistics, corpus linguistics and other interdisciplinary studies of language and linguistics) as well as experience with teaching core English language skills for academic and professional purposes (e.g., business, tourism, management, engineering) will be an asset. The successful applicants will be expected to teach courses primarily at the undergraduate level. Graduate level teaching may occur depending on departmental needs.
Applicants must have:
- A PhD in relevant areas by the date of application.
- Demonstrated expertise with pedagogical innovation (e.g., blended learning, pedagogical technologies)
- Native or near-native English proficiency for teaching and research.
- Excellent and demonstrated self-management skills, ability and willingness to work in a team
- Pleasant life and job in a top ranked beautiful city in China
- Hard-working and intelligent students to teach
- Great team to work with
- Competitive salary commensurate with your qualifications and experience
Interested applicants please send the following materials or your enquiries to Raymond ZHU at the application email provided below:
- A Curriculum Vitae that includes work experience, qualifications, teaching experience, research accomplishments. A full list of publications in APA format should be included.
- A statement of teaching philosophy and experience, evidence of teaching excellence (if applicable).
- A statement of research interests
- Names, addresses, and email addresses of 2 academic referees
Application Deadline: (Open until filled)
Email Address for Applications: 2017135
Page Updated: 16-Aug-2019