Language Acquisition Semantics
University of Lyon
Laboratory on Language, Brain and Cognition
The Laboratory on Language, Brain and Cognition (L2C2), a National Center for Scientific Research (CNRS) lab located in Lyon, France, has a doctoral research position to fill in the project 'Advancing The European Multilingual Experience' (AThEME, grant agreement n° 613465, 7th Framework Programme of the EU), and more specifically to study 'Pragmatic abilities' in bilingual or L2 learners.
The position will start in October 2014, running for 36 months.
Duties and responsibilities:
- The applicant is expected to undertake a PhD degree within the context of the project.
- In collaboration with other project members, he/she will design and implement experiments, analyze the data, and publish the results.
- The candidates must posses a master's degree in Experimental Psychology (with an interest in language), Psycholinguistics, or Linguistics.
- A background in Experimental Pragmatics, Pragmatics, or Semantics will be considered an advantage.
- We welcome applicants with a background in experimental design for behavioral, eye-tracking or EEG studies, and competence in statistics.
- Knowledge of spoken and written English is required, knowledge of French will be considered a plus.
How to apply:
Candidates should submit their applications via email to Anne Reboul at
All applications must include electronic copies (pdf files) of the following documents:
- curriculum vitae (CV);
- master's certificate (full academic records) and master's thesis;
- publications (if any);
- letters from two referees.
For full consideration, please submit your application before 15 July, 2014.
The CNRS is an equal opportunity employer.
|Application Mailing Address:||Dr Anne Reboul L2C2 CNRS UMR5403, Institute for Cognitive Sciences 67 bd Pinel Bron cedex 71250 France|
|Contact Information:||Dr Anne Reboul email@example.com Phone:+33 04 37 91 12 48 Fax:+33 04 37 91 12 28|