Language Acquisition Bilingual Lexical Development, Visual Word Recognition
University of Warwick
Department of Psychology, University of Warwick, United Kingdom, invites applications for a fully funded PhD studentship. The three-year studentship is funded by the Psychology Department and is available in the Language and Learning Group in the Department of Psychology at the University of Warwick. Funding Details: Fees and maintenance at RCUK level.
The Language and Learning group’s research in the Warwick Psychology Department covers a wide range of topics in psychological studies on language and communication (language acquisition, gesture, bilingual lexical development, visual word recognition, corpus analysis). Please see the Group website: http://www2.warwick.ac.uk/fac/sci/psych/research/language/ for a list of potential supervisors. Please note that Dr. Wonnacott and Dr. Carroll will not be available for supervision.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Research/project work.
- Some teaching support duties will be required.
- Applicants with a background and interest in any area of language and communication, broadly defined, are encouraged to apply.
- Training in research methods and statistics for Psychology is essential.
- A master's degree is welcome, but is not necessary.
We encourage applicants to contact a potential supervisor to discuss possible projects before applying.
Applications are open to all nationalities. Overseas applicants are welcome to apply but, if successful, will have to pay the difference between the Home/EU and Overseas Fees.
How to apply:
Interested applicants should send via email to warwicklanguage gmail.com the following documents:
- a curriculum vitae (CV) (including two academic references);
- a transcript (or other lists) of grades;
- a research proposal.
For further information please contact Professor Sotaro Kita at S.Kita warwick.ac.uk
or your potential supervisor.
|Contact Information:||Professor Sotaro Kita S.Kita@warwick.ac.uk|