The LINGUIST List is dedicated to providing information on language and language analysis, and to providing the discipline of linguistics with the infrastructure necessary to function in the digital world. LINGUIST is a free resource, run by linguistics students and faculty, and supported primarily by your donations. Please support LINGUIST List during the 2016 Fund Drive.
Typology English Linguistics
Department of English/American Studies
The English Department of the Friedrich-Schiller-Universität Jena invites applications for a PhD position in the area of English linguistics. The position is initially restricted to two years, but renewable.
- All applicants must hold an MA in English Linguistics or an equivalent degree.
- The ideal candidate would have some experience in Corpus Linguistics and a background/interest in Usage-Based Linguistics and/or Linguistic Typology.
Duties and Responsibilities
The position involves:
- work towards a PhD in English Linguistics;
- participation in the department’s research activities;
- a teaching load of one class per semester.
The language of instruction is English.
How to apply:
Candidates are requested to send their application including CV, application letter, and two letters of reference to Simone Bahlmann-Schulze (email: x5basi uni-jena.de).
The position is to be filled on October 1, 2014. Full consideration will be given to applications received by June 27th, 2014; however, later applications will be considered until the position has been filled.
|Application Mailing Address:||Prof Holger Diessel Ernst-Abbe-Platz 8 Jena 07743 Germany|
|Contact Information:||Holger Diessel email@example.com|