The LINGUIST List is dedicated to providing information on language and language analysis, and to providing the discipline of linguistics with the infrastructure necessary to function in the digital world. LINGUIST is a free resource, run by linguistics students and faculty, and supported primarily by your donations. Please support LINGUIST List during the 2016 Fund Drive.
University of Trento
CIMEC (Center for Mind & Brain Sciences)
Applications are open for the PhD program in Cognitive and Brain Sciences at the Center for Mind/Brain Sciences (CIMeC) at the University of Trento, Italy.
The program is divided into two tracks: "Cognitive Neurosciences" and "Language, Interaction, and Computation."
The educational program at CIMeC takes advantage of the multi-disciplinary skills of the center's faculty, of the CIMeC laboratories (Center for Mind/Brain Sciences), and of the various departments (Physics, Information and Communication Technology, Cognitive Sciences and Education). The Doctoral course offers an education that allows students to acquire elevated competence in specific areas of fundamental and applied research, encouraging professional development in innovative fields that often require knowledge in different areas.
Applicants must have an Italian university degree or an equivalent degree qualification which allows for admission to a Doctoral Program in the country where the degree was obtained, or a minimum of 5 years in higher education. Research subjects expected for the current specializations are listed below.
- Number cognition
- Dynamics of complex systems
- Multisensory integration
- Visual memory
- High field MRI-derived measures of brain structure and function
- Eye Movements and Cognition
- Multimodal functional neuroimaging
- Neuroplasticity and recovery of cognitive/linguistic disorders
- Neuropsychology of reading and writing
- Neurosciences and the arts
- Neurosciences and language disorders
- Perception, Attention & Awareness
- Plasticity following sensory deprivation
- Medical decision making
- Word production
- Psychophysics and neural computation
- Inductive and probabilistic reasoning
- Neural representation of concepts, actions, and objects
Language, Interaction & Computation:
- Computational lexicography and lexicology
- Embodied communication
- Multimedia intelligent interfaces
- Statistical models of text mining and co-reference resolution
- Theoretical and computational models of semantic interpretation and of the acquisition of semantic and lexical knowledge
- Theoretical linguistics
- User modelling and adaptive systems
All courses are held in English. The program duration is 3 years, during which the student will be fully funded (some fellowships may be tied to specific projects). There are no teaching duties.
How to apply:
For further information and on-line application, visit website:
|Application Web Address:||http://www.unitn.it/en/ateneo/2692/announcement-selection|
|Contact Information:||Dr. Roberto Zamparelli firstname.lastname@example.org Phone:+393388559976|