|Linguistic Field:||General Linguistics|
University of Oslo
Department of Literature, Area Studies and Europea
One fully paid Doctoral Research Fellowship (3 years) within formal semantics and/or syntax is available in the Department of Literature, Area Studies and European Languages (ILOS) at the University of Oslo (UiO). ILOS seeks to recruit PhD candidates with excellent research qualifications who will work with the research group SynSem.
The doctoral research fellowship is open to topics in formal semantics, theoretical syntax or the syntax-semantics interface. Only projects that involve modern European languages (Germanic, Romance and Slavic languages) being taught at ILOS will come into consideration. The project may be anchored within one language, but theoretical contrastive studies of several languages may also come into consideration.
The successful candidate must participate in the research training program organized by the Faculty of Humanities (cf. regulations and supplementary provisions for the faculty’s researcher education) and must engage in the designated research activities on a full-time basis. The purpose of the PhD Research Fellowship is research training leading to the successful completion of a doctoral dissertation (monograph or article-based) to be defended at a public defense for the doctoral degree. The person appointed will be affiliated with the Faculty's organized research training. The academic work must result in a doctoral thesis that will be defended at the Faculty with a view to obtaining the degree of PhD. The successful candidate is expected to join the existing research milieu or network and contribute to its developement. Read more about the doctoral degree.
The appointment is for a duration of three years without teaching duties.
A Master's degree or equivalent in Linguistics, European Languages or in a discipline related to SynSem's research profile. The Master's Degree has to have been achieved by the time of application.
Qualifications and personal skills
In assessing the applications, special emphasis will be placed on:
- the applicant's academic and personal qualifications in order to execute the project
- the applicant's ability to complete research training
- good collaboration skills
- the project's scientific merit, research-related relevance and innovation
Applicants who have recently graduated with excellent results may also be given preference.
- salary level 50 - 56 (NOK 421 100 - 465 300, depending on level of expertise)
- professional development in a stimulating working environment
- attractive welfare arrangements
- workout during hours, 1,5 h pr week
Applicants must submit the following attachments with the electronic application, preferably in pdf format:
- letter of application
- Curriculum Vitae
- list of publications
- transcript of records of your master's degree. Foreign applicants are advised to attach an explanation of their university's grading system
- project description, including a detailed progress plan for the project (maximum 5 pages, see Template for project descriptions)
Our electronic recruitment system will ask you to upload the attachments in the above mentioned order. Transcript of records should be uploaded as 'Attachment' under 'Other'. Please note that all documents must be in English or a Scandinavian language.
|Application Web Address:||http://uio.easycruit.com/vacancy/1134919/62046?iso=no|
|Contact Information:||Atle Grønn email@example.com|