This innovative introduction to the Old English language focuses on what
students need to know in order to engage with Old English literary and
- A pioneering introduction to Old English designed for a new generation of
- Assumes no expertise in other languages or in traditional grammar.
- Opening chapters and "uick Start" sections cover the basics.
- "Minitexts" give students practice in reading Old English.
- Includes two chapters on syntax and three on reading poetry.
- Anthologises fourteen readings, including "The Wanderer", "The Dream of
the Rood" and "Judith".
- The accompanying "Old English Aerobics" website features additional
readings and exercises.