The LINGUIST List is dedicated to providing information on language and language analysis, and to providing the discipline of linguistics with the infrastructure necessary to function in the digital world. LINGUIST is a free resource, run by linguistics students and faculty, and supported primarily by your donations. Please support LINGUIST List during the 2016 Fund Drive.
Personal Directory Information
|Name:||Mohd Ashraf Bhat|
|Institution:||Indian Institute of Technology Delhi|
|Email:||click here to access email|
|State and/or Country:||India|
Philosophy of Language
Ling & Literature
|Specialty:||Critical Sociolinguistics, Cognitive Linguistics, Interactional Discourses|
|Selected Publications:||1. Paper “Through the Looking Glass, Darkly: Reading Alice in the Computer Game” co-authored with Dr. Souvik Mukherjee, published in the Aligarh Journal of Linguistics, (ISSN-2249-1511). Vol. (2), No. (1-2), April 2012, (pp-34-356).
2. Paper “Foundations of Language: A Biological Paradigm” published by the GRIN Publishing GmbH Munich, Germany, (ISBN No 978-3-656-02668-6), October,2011, http://www.grin.com/en/e-book/155580/foundations-of-language-a-biological-paradigm#inside
3. Paper “Emergence of the Urdu Discourses in Kashmir” published in the International Journal of Language in India (online) (ISSN 1930-2940) Vol. 12 No. 8, September 2011.
4. Paper “Rethinking Linguistics Identities” published in the International Journal of Jurnal Teknosastik, (ISSN 1412-9663) Vol. 8 No. 2, July 2010, (p 38-50).
5. Paper “Language: The Ultimate Tool of Social Control” published in the Interdisciplinary Journal of Linguistics (IJL), (ISSN 0974-3421) Vol. (1) 2008, (p 111-118).
6. Paper “Communicating the Inner” published in the proceedings of The National Seminar on Perspectives in Linguistics, Department of Linguistics, University of Kashmir, Srinagar (J&K) India, 2006, (p 91-98).
7. Paper “Language in Literature” published in the annual journal of Applied Linguistics 2002-2003, (p 24-30).
8. Paper “Power of the Script in Changing the Language Roles: A case of Urdu
Discourse in Kashmir,
|Dissertation Abstract:||Identities in Transition: Changing Language Roles in the Kashmiri Speech Community|
|Academic Paper Abstract:||
Language: The ultimate tool of social control
Emergence of the Urdu Discourses in Kashmir
Communicating the Inner
Reconstructing Linguistic Identities
Foundations of Language: A biological paradigm
Through the Looking Glass, Darkly: Reading Alice in the computer game
|Add to Linguist Directory||Update your entry|