Personal Directory Information
|Name:||Zoe Louise Handley|
|Institution:||University of Oxford|
|Email:||click here to access email|
|State and/or Country:||United Kingdom|
|Specialty:||Compuer Assisted Language Learning|
|Selected Publications:||Journal and conference articles:
- Macaro, E, Handley, Z, and Walter, C (Accepted). A systematic review of CALL in English as a second language: Focus on primary and secondary education. Language Teaching.
- Handley, Z. (Accepted) Text-to-Speech Synthesis Research. In Chapelle, C (Ed.) The Encyclopaedia of Applied Linguistics. Wiley-Blackwell.
- Handley, Z, Sharples, M, Moore, D. (2009). Training Novel Phonemic Contrasts: A Comparison of Identification and Oddity Discrimination Training. SLaTE 2009, Wroxall Abbey Estate, Warwickshire, UK
- Handley, Z. (2009). Is Text-to-Speech (TTS) Synthesis Ready for Use in Computer-Assisted Language Learning (CALL)? Speech Communication. 51(10): 906-919
- Handley, Z. and Hamel, M.-J. (2005). Establishing a Methodology for Benchmarking Speech Synthesis for Computer-Assisted Language Learning (CALL). Language Learning & Technology Journal. 9 (3): 99-119.
- Handley, Z. and Hamel, M.-J. (2004). Investigating the Requirements of Speech Synthesis for CALL with a View to Developing a Benchmark. In Procs. InSTIL/ICALL 2004 (pp. 71-74). Venice, Italy.
- Handley, Z. (2010). Electronic Discourse in Language Learning and Teaching – Edited by Lee B. Abraham and Lawrence Williams. International Journal of Applied Linguistics. 20(3): 417-423
- Handley, Z. (2010). Teaching Languages Online – by Carla Meskill, and Natascha Anthony. Linguist List.
|Courses Taught:||Research Methods in Applied Linguistics
Teaching and Learning Language
Technology Enhanced Language Teaching
|Dissertation Abstract:||Evaluating Text-to-Speech (TTS) Synthesis for use in Computer-Assisted Language Learning (CALL)|
Teaching Languages Online
(LL Issue 21.4908)
Task-Based Language Learning and Teaching with Technology (LL Issue 22.2303)
|Academic Paper Abstract:||
Is Text-to-Speech Synthesis Ready for Use in Computer-Assisted Language Learning?
A systematic review of CALL in English as a second language: Focus on primary and secondary education
|Add to Linguist Directory||Update your entry|