The LINGUIST List is dedicated to providing information on language and language analysis, and to providing the discipline of linguistics with the infrastructure necessary to function in the digital world. LINGUIST is a free resource, run by linguistics students and faculty, and supported primarily by your donations. Please support LINGUIST List during the 2016 Fund Drive.
Personal Directory Information
|Name:||Hassan A H Gadalla|
|Email:||click here to access email|
|State and/or Country:||Saudi Arabia|
|Specialty:||Morphology; Syntax; Discourse & Translation|
|Selected Publications:||1. Comparative Morphology of Standard and Egyptian Arabic.
Meunchen, Germany: Lincom Europa. 2000. For information on the book, please visit the following web site: http://home.t-online.de/home/LINCOM.EUROPA/9724.htm
2. The LDC CallHome Egyptian Arabic Lexicon. Philadelphia: Linguistic Data Consortium, University of Pennsylvania. 1998. For information on the lexicon, please visit the LDC web site at: http://wave.ldc.upenn.edu/Catalog/docs/LDC97L19/ch_arabic_lex
3. “Translating English Perfect Tenses into Arabic: A Comparative Study of Two Translations of Pearl Buck’s Novel ‘The Good Earth’.” BABEL: International Journal of Translation, Vol. 52, No. 3 (2006) pp. 243-261.
4. “Arabic Imperfect Verbs in Translation: A Corpus Study of English Renderings.” META: Journal des Traducteurs. Vol. 51, No. 1 (March, 2006) pp. 51-71.
5. “Syntactic Classes of the Arabic Active Participle and Their Equivalents in Translation: A Comparative Study in Two English Quranic Translations.” Bulletin of the Faculty of Arts, Assiut University. Vol. 18 (Jan. 2005) pp. 1-37.
6. “Translating Arabic Perfect Verbs into English: A Text-Based Approach.” Bulletin of the Faculty of Arts, Assiut University. Vol. 12 (Dec. 2002). pp. 1-37.
7. “Genitive Constructions in English and Arabic: A Contrastive Study.” Bulletin of the Faculty of Arts, Assiut University. Vol. 6 (Dec. 2000) pp. 1-64. In Collaboration with Dr. Abdel-Nasser M. E. Abdel-Hamid of the Dept. of Arabic.
8. “Numerals in Standard Arabic and Egyptian Colloquial Arabic: A Comparative Study.” Bulletin of the Faculty of Arts, Assiut University. Vol. 4. (Jan. 2000) pp.149-183.
|Announced on LINGUIST :||
Comparative Morphology of Standard and Egyptian Arabic
|Courses Taught:||General Linguistics;
Phonetics & Phonology;
Morphology & Syntax;
Semantics & Pragmatics;
Translation Theory & Practice
|Dissertation Abstract:||A Comparative Morphological Study of Standard Arabic and Cairene Arabic with an Analysis of Phonological Alternations|
|Academic Paper Abstract:||
Numerals in Standard Arabic and Egyptian Colloquial Arabic: A comparative study
Genitive Constructions in English and Arabic: A Contrastive Study
Translating English Perfect Tenses into Arabic: A comparative study of two translations of Pearl Buck’s novel ‘The Good Earth'
Arabic Imperfect Verbs in Translation: A Corpus Study of English Renderings
|Add to Linguist Directory||Update your entry|