The LINGUIST List is dedicated to providing information on language and language analysis, and to providing the discipline of linguistics with the infrastructure necessary to function in the digital world. LINGUIST is a free resource, run by linguistics students and faculty, and supported primarily by your donations. Please support LINGUIST List during the 2016 Fund Drive.
Personal Directory Information
|Name:||Kathryn Graber (IPA: kæθɹɪn gɻejbɻ̣)|
|Institution:||University of Michigan|
|Email:||click here to access email|
|State and/or Country:||
|Selected Publications:||- “Personal Communication, 2006”: Authorship and Ownership in Anthropology. Michigan Discussions in Anthropology 18:174–208, 2010. Also available at http://quod.lib.umich.edu/cgi/t/text/text-idx?g=mdiag;c=mdia;idno=0522508.0018.106;cc=mdia;rgn=main;view=text
- Inter-View: Reciprocal Interviewing in Siberian Newsrooms. Anthropology News 51(4):16, 2010.
- Svyashchennye landshafty, toponimy i ikh rol′ v sokhranenii yazyka: nekotorye primery iz Severnoy Ameriki. [Sacred landscapes, toponyms, and their role in language preservation: some examples from North America.] Conference proceedings, 2010. (in Russian)
- Pravila orfografii i vliyaniye russkogo yazyka na buryatskiye SMI. [Orthographic conventions and the influence of Russian on Buryat mass media.] In Language as a National Attribute: Issues in the Preservation of Linguistic Diversity. Proceedings. G. A. Dyrkheeva and B. D. Tsyrenov, eds. Pp. 305–315. Ulan-Ude: Siberian Branch of the Russian Academy of Sciences, 2009. (in Russian)
- The Dissolution of the Buryat Autonomous Okrugs in Siberia: Notes from the Field. Co-authored with Joseph Long. Inner Asia 11:147–155, 2009.
- Dvuyazychiye v SMI Buryatii kak obʺekt lingvo-antropologicheskogo issledovaniya. [Bilingualism in the mass media of Buryatia as an object of linguistic-anthropological research.] In The assimilation of Siberia in the panorama of centuries: experience, strategy, problems. Conference proceedings. Pp. 121–124. Ulan-Ude: East-Siberian State Technological University, 2009. (in Russian)
- Review of Talk of the Nation: Language and Conflict in Romania and Slovakia. Zsuzsa Csergo. Ithaca and London: Cornell University Press, 2007. Nationalities Papers 36(5):897–899, 2008.
- Review of Codeswitching on the Web: English and Jamaican Creole in E-Mail Communication. Lars Hinrichs. Amsterdam and Philadelphia: John Benjamins, 2006. LINGUIST List, Issue 18.852, March 21, 2007.
Codeswitching on the Web
(LL Issue 18.852)
|Add to Linguist Directory||Update your entry|