The LINGUIST List is dedicated to providing information on language and language analysis, and to providing the discipline of linguistics with the infrastructure necessary to function in the digital world. LINGUIST is a free resource, run by linguistics students and faculty, and supported primarily by your donations. Please support LINGUIST List during the 2016 Fund Drive.
Personal Directory Information
|Name:||Ashraf Khamis (IPA: [ʌʃ'ɾʌf] [xæ'miːs])|
|Email:||click here to access email|
|State and/or Country:||Germany|
|Specialty:||Corpus-based Historical Sociolinguistics and Syntactic & Discourse Variation|
|Selected Publications:||Peer-reviewed Conferences & Workshops
* Kermes, Hannah, Stefania Degaetano-Ortlieb, Ashraf Khamis, Jörg Knappen & Elke Teich. 2016. The Royal Society Corpus: Towards a high-quality corpus for studying diachronic variation in scientific writing. Digital Humanities (DH), Jul 11–16, 2016. Jagiellonian University, Kraków, Poland.
* Degaetano-Ortlieb, Stefania, Hannah Kermes, Ashraf Khamis, Jörg Knappen & Elke Teich. 2016. The Royal Society Corpus: From Uncharted Data to Corpus. The 10th Language Resources and Evaluation Conference (LREC), May 23–28, 2016. Grand Hotel Bernardin Conference Center, Portorož, Slovenia.
* Degaetano-Ortlieb, Stefania, Hannah Kermes, Ashraf Khamis, Noam Ordan & Elke Teich. 2015. The taming of the data: Using text mining in building a corpus for diachronic analysis. From Data to Evidence (d2e), Oct 19–22, 2015. University of Helsinki, Helsinki, Finland.
* Degaetano-Ortlieb, Stefania, Hannah Kermes, Ashraf Khamis, Jörg Knappen, Noam Ordan & Elke Teich. 2015. Information Density in Scientific Writing: A Diachronic Perspective. The 42nd International Systemic Functional Congress (ISFC), Jul 27–31, 2015. RWTH Aachen University, Aachen, Germany.
* Khamis, Ashraf, Stefania Degaetano-Ortlieb, Hannah Kermes, Jörg Knappen, Noam Ordan & Elke Teich. 2015. A resource for the diachronic study of scientific English: Introducing the Royal Society Corpus. The 8th International Corpus Linguistics Conference (CL), Jul 21–24, 2015. Lancaster University, Lancaster, UK.
* Khamis, Ashraf. 2015. Cross-dialectal variation in English verb complementation: A multivariate corpus analysis. The 13th International Cognitive Linguistics Conference (ICLC), Jul 20–25, 2015. Northumbria University, Newcastle upon Tyne, UK.
* Degaetano-Ortlieb, Stefania, Hannah Kermes, Ashraf Khamis & Elke Teich. 2015. Information Density in Scientific Writing: Exploring the SciTex Corpus. Academic Corpora: Development, Exploration and Application Workshop, Jul 20, 2015. Lancaster University, Lancaster, UK.
* Khamis, Ashraf. 2014. Further and Farther: Competition or Functional Differentiation? Leuven: KU Leuven, Faculteit Letteren.
* Khamis, Ashraf. 2013. Nominal and Verbal Gerunds with Genitive Subjects in Present-Day English: A Comparative Corpus Study. Leuven: KU Leuven, Faculteit Letteren.
|Add to Linguist Directory||Update your entry|