The LINGUIST List is dedicated to providing information on language and language analysis, and to providing the discipline of linguistics with the infrastructure necessary to function in the digital world. LINGUIST is a free resource, run by linguistics students and faculty, and supported primarily by your donations. Please support LINGUIST List during the 2016 Fund Drive.
Personal Directory Information
|Email:||click here to access email|
|State and/or Country:||
|Specialty:||Chinese Linguistics, Teaching Chinese as a second language, second language aquisition, heritage language education, cognitive linguistics|
|Selected Publications:||Journal Articles
1. Luo, Han (2015). Chinese Language Learning Anxiety: A Study of Heritage Learners. Heritage Language Journal, 12(1), 22-47.
2. Luo, Han (2014). A Measure of Chinese Language Learning Anxiety: Scale Development and Preliminary Validation. Chinese as a Second Language Research, 3 (2), 147-174.
3. Luo, Han (2014). Foreign Language Speaking Anxiety: A Study of Chinese Language Learners. Journal of the National Council of Less Commonly Taught Languages, 15, 99-117.
4. Luo, Han (2013). Foreign Language Anxiety: Past and Future. Chinese Journal of Applied Linguistics, 36 (4), 442-464.
5. Luo, Han (2013). Chinese Language Learning Anxiety and its Associated Factors. Journal of Chinese Language Teachers Association, 48 (2), 109-133.
6. Luo, Han (2012). Sources of Foreign Language Anxiety: Towards a Four-dimension Model. Contemporary Foreign Language Studies, 12, 49-61.
7. Luo, Han (2008). An Overview of Second Language Vocabulary Acquisition, Foreign Language Education, 130, 46-50.
8. Luo, Han (2006). A Review of Cognitive Models of Second Language Vocabulary Acquisition, Foreign Languages in China, 12, 59-62.
9. Luo, Han & Zhang, Wenzhi (2006). An Analysis of Chinese University Students' English Pronunciation Errors. China University Teaching, 191, 60-61.
17. Luo, Han. (2014). Review of Ellis, Rod & Natsuko Shintani (2014). Exploring Language Pedagogy through Second Language Acquisition Research (London and New York: Routlege). LINGUIST List, 25.4597.
18. Luo, Han. (Forthcoming). Review of Housen, Alex, Folkert Kuiken, & Ineke Vedder (Ed.) (2012). Dimensions of L2 Performance and Proficiency: Complexity, Accuracy and Fluency in SLA (Amsterdam/ Philadelphia: John Benjamins Publishing Company). Modern Language Journal.
19. Luo, Han. (2014). Review of Alderete-Diez, Pilar, Laura Incalcaterra McLoughlin, Labhaoise Ni Dhonnchadha & Dorothy Ni Uigin (Ed.) (2012). Translation, Technology and Autonomy in Language Teaching and Learning (Bern: Peter Lang). Modern Language Journal, 98, 681-682.
20. Luo, Han. (2013). Review of Kecskes, Istvan (Ed.) (2013). Research in Chinese as a Second Language (Boston/Berlin: De Gruyter Mouton). LINGUIST List, 24.4620.
21. Luo, Han. (2013). Review of Robson, Shin Yong (2013). Speed Up your Chinese Strategies to Avoid Common Errors (London and New York: Routledge). Journal of Chinese Teachers' Association, 48 (3), 129-133.
22. Luo, Han. (2013). Review of Lee, Kunshan C., Hsin-hsin Liang, Liwei Jiao, & Julian K.Wheatley (2009). The Routledge Advanced Chinese Multimedia Course: Crossing Cultural Boundaries (London and New York: Routledge). Modern Language Journal, 97, 294-296.
23. Luo, Han (2012). Review of Flick, Uwe (2011). Introducing Research Methodology: A Beginner’s Guide to Doing a Research Project (London: Sage Publications Ltd). Modern Language Journal, 96, 481-483.
|Courses Taught:||Second Language Acquisition
Chinese for Heritage Learners
Research in Chinese as a Second Language
(LL Issue 24.4620)
Exploring Language Pedagogy through Second Language Acquisition Research (LL Issue 25.4597)
Writing about Quantitative Research in Applied Linguistics (LL Issue 26.4598)
|Add to Linguist Directory||Update your entry|