Personal Directory Information
|Institution:||Children's Hospital of Philadelphia|
|Email:||click here to access email|
|State and/or Country:||
|Specialty:||Language acquisition, processing, and change|
|Selected Publications:||Selected Refereed Articles
1. Constantine Lignos. Modeling infant word segmentation. In Proceedings of the Fifteenth Con
ference on Computational Natural Language Learning, pages 29–38. Portland, Oregon, June 23–24,
2011. Association for Computational Linguistics, 2011.
2. Constantine Lignos and Charles Yang. Recession segmentation: Simpler online word segmentation using limited resources. In Proceedings of the Fourteenth Conference on Computational Natural Language Learning, pages 88–97, Uppsala, Sweden, July 15–16, 2010. Association for Computational Linguistics, 2010.
3. Erwin Chan and Constantine Lignos. Investigating the relationship between linguistic representation and computation through an unsupervised model of human morphology learning.
Research on Language and Computation, 8 (2), 209-238. Springer Netherlands, 2010.
4. Constantine Lignos, Erwin Chan, Mitch Marcus, and Charles Yang. A rule-based acquisi-
tion model adapted for morphological analysis. In C. Peters, G. Di Nunzio, M. Kurimo, T. Mandl, D. Mostefa, A. Penas, and G. Roda, editors, Multilingual Information Access Evaluation I. Text Retrieval Experiments. Lecture Notes in Computer Science, 6241 (1), 658–665. Springer Berlin/Heidelberg, 2010.
Selected Conference Proceedings
1. Constantine Lignos and Kyle Gorman. Revisiting frequency and storage in morphological
processing. To appear, Proceedings of the 48th Annual Meeting of the Chicago Linguistic Society,
April 19–21, 2012.
2. Constantine Lignos. Infant word segmentation: An incremental, integrated model. Proceedings of the 30th West Coast Conference on Formal Linguistics, April 13–15, 2012.
3. Constantine Lignos. You can’t get there from here: On interpreting learning experiments. Proceedings of Penn Linguistics Colloquium 36, March 23–25, 2012.
4. Constantine Lignos. Learning from unseen data. In Mikko Kurimo, Sami Virpioja, and Ville
T. Turunen, editors, Proceedings of the Morpho Challenge 2010 Workshop, pages 35–38, Helsinki,
Finland, September 2–3, 2010. Aalto University School of Science and Technology, 2010.
5. Constantine Lignos, Erwin Chan, Charles Yang, and Mitch Marcus. Evidence for a morpho-
logical acquisition model from development data. In Katie Franich, Kate M. Iserman, and
Lauren L. Keil, editors, Proceedings of the 34th Annual Boston University Conference on Language Development, Boston, Massachusetts, November 6–8, 2009. Cascadilla Press, 2010.
6. Constantine Lignos, Erwin Chan, Mitch Marcus, and Charles Yang. A rule-based unsuper-
vised morphology learning framework. In Working Notes of the 10th Workshop of the Cross-
Language Evaluation Forum, CLEF 2009, Corfu, Greece, September 30–October 2, 2009. PROMISE
Network of Excellence, 2009.
|Courses Taught:||1. Introduction to Python Programming|
|Add to Linguist Directory||Update your entry|