Personal Directory Information
|Name:||Kent A. Lee (IPA: kɛnt li:)|
|Email:||click here to access email|
|State and/or Country:||Korea, South|
|Specialty:||cognitive linguistics, reading psychology, Chinese psycholinguistics, discourse markers|
|Selected Publications:||1. Stine-Morrow, E., Shake, M., Miles, J., Lee, K., Gao, X. & McKonkie, G. (2010). Pay now or pay later: Aging and the role of boundary salience in self-regulation of conceptual integration in sentence processing. Psychology and Aging, 25, 168-176.
2. Lee, K. (2009). [Book review of Brinton (2008), The comment clause in English.] Studies in Language, 33, 1004-1011.
3. Lee, K. (2009). Phonological and semantic information used in reading Chinese characters. Proceedings of the Fourth International Symposium on Chinese Regional Culture and Language, Hanyang University.
4. Lee, K. (2009). Phonological and semantic processing of Chinese characters. Dissertation, Educational Psychology Dept., University of Illinois.
5. Lee, K. (2008). Phonological and other linguistic effects in recognition of Chinese characters. In Proceedings of the 6th International Conference of Cognitive Science (pp. 233-236). Seoul: ICCS.
6. Lee, K. (2003). Discourse Markers ‘well’ and ‘oh’. In Bardovi-Harlig, K. (Ed.), Teaching Pragmatics [online publication at http://exchanges.state.gov/media/oelp/teaching-pragmatics/lee-well.pdf]. US Information Agency & Indiana University.
7. Lee, K. (2001). Teaching discourse stress to Asian students. KOTESOL Proceedings 2001.
8. Lee, K. (2001). Focus and discourse stress. M.A. Thesis, Div. English as International Language (TESOL), University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.
9. Lee, K. (1997). Chinese Tone Sandhi and Prosody. M.A. Thesis, Linguistics Dept., University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.
|Courses Taught:||English grammar
Second language acquisition
Language teaching methods
Language research methods
Towards a Biolinguistic Understanding of Grammar
(LL Issue 24.1003)
|Add to Linguist Directory||Update your entry|