The LINGUIST List is dedicated to providing information on language and language analysis, and to providing the discipline of linguistics with the infrastructure necessary to function in the digital world. LINGUIST is a free resource, run by linguistics students and faculty, and supported primarily by your donations. Please support LINGUIST List during the 2016 Fund Drive.
Personal Directory Information
|Name:||Somdev Kar (IPA: somdeb kar)|
|Institution:||Indian Institute of Technology Ropar|
|Email:||click here to access email|
|State and/or Country:||India|
|Specialty:||Phonology, Phonetics, Morphology, Optimality Theory, Syntax, NLP|
|Selected Publications:||1. Kar, S. (2013). Complex onsets in regional varieties of Bangla. Language Sciences, 40, 212-220.
2. Kar, S. (2013). Slot-specific glide formation in Bangla. International Journal of Dravidian Linguistics, 42(1), 67-83.
3. Kar, S. (2012). Voicing agreement in Bangla word-medial clusters. Indian Linguistics, 73(1-4), 175-184.
4. Kar, S. (2011). Gemination before liquids in Bangla. Paper presented at the International Conference of Phonetics and Phonology (ICPP 2011), held during Dec 10-14, 2011 in Kyoto, Japan.
5. Kar, S. (2010). Review of Pingali, Sailaja (2009) 'Indian English'. Linguistlist, 21-2755, June 30, 2010.
6. Kar, S. (2010). Syllable Structure of Bangla: An Optimality Theoretic Approach. Newcastle: Cambridge Scholars Publishing.
7. Kar, S. (2008). Gemination in Bangla: An Optimality Theoretic Analysis. Dhaka University Journal of Linguistics, 1(2), 87-114.
|Announced on LINGUIST :||
Syllable Structure of Bangla
|Courses Taught:||1. 'Fundamentals of Linguistics (HUL202)', Indian Institute of Technology Ropar, India (2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014)
2. 'Preparatory English - II (HUL002)', Indian Institute of Technology Ropar, India (2012)
3. 'Preparatory English - I (HUL001)', Indian Institute of Technology Ropar, India (2010)
4. 'Topics in Optomality Theory (HUL608)', Indian Institute of Technology Ropar, India (2011)
5. 'Introduction to Phonetics and Phonology (HUL456)', Indian Institute of Technology Ropar, India (2011, 2014)
6. 'English Morphology (ENGL374)', Dept. of English Literature and Linguistics, Qatar University (2010, 2013)
7. 'English Syntactic Structure (ENGL441)', Dept. of English Literature and Linguistics, Qatar University (2010, 2013)
8. 'Introduction of Linguistics' (BASLP-1st Year), KMC-Mangalore (Manipal University), India (2009)
9. 'Linguistics in Clinical Practices' (MASLP-1st Year), KMC-Mangalore (Manipal University), India (2009)
10. 'Linguistics in Clinical Practices' (MASLP-1st Semester), NAISH College, Bangalore University, India (2009)
|Dissertation Abstract:||The Syllable Structure of Bangla in Optimality Theory and its Application to the Analysis of Verbal Inflectional Paradigms in Distributed Morphology|
(LL Issue 21.2755)
|Academic Paper Abstract:||
Gemination in Bangla: An Optimality Theoretic analysis
Complex onsets in regional varieties of Bangla
|Add to Linguist Directory||Update your entry|