The LINGUIST List is dedicated to providing information on language and language analysis, and to providing the discipline of linguistics with the infrastructure necessary to function in the digital world. LINGUIST is a free resource, run by linguistics students and faculty, and supported by your donations. Please support LINGUIST List during the 2017 Fund Drive.
Job Announcement: Google
Norwegian Bokmål; Swedish; Computational Linguistics; General Linguistics: Speech Linguistic Project Manager, Google, Stockholm, Sweden
|Job Location:||Stockholm, Sweden|
|Title:||Speech Linguistic Project Manager (Norwegian and Swedish)|
Speech Linguistic Project Manager
As a Linguistic Project Manager and a native-level speaker of one of the target languages, you will oversee and manage all work related to achieving high data quality for speech projects in your own language.
You will be based in either Sweden or Norway, managing a team of Data Evaluators and working on a number of projects towards Speech research: ASR, TTS, and NLP.
- Training, managing and overseeing the work of your team
- Creating verbalisation rules, such as expanding URLs, email addresses, numbers
- Creating annotation conventions
- Evaluating data quality
- Providing expertise on pronunciation and phonotactics
- Working with QA tools according to given guidelines and using in-house tools
- Native-level speaker of target language (with good command of the standard dialect) and fluent in English
- Must have attended elementary school in the country where the language is spoken
- Keen ear for phonetic nuances and attention to detail; knowledge of the language’s phonology
- Ability to quickly grasp technical concepts; should have an interest in current speech, mobile and online technology
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Good organizational skills
- Previous project management and people management experience
- Previous experience with speech/NLP-related projects a plus
- Advanced degree in Linguistics preferred; experience with Computational Linguistics a plus
- Also a plus: proficiency with HTML, XML, and some programming language; previous experience working in a Linux environment
Project duration: 6-11 months (with potential for extension)
**This is not a permanent position but a contract position. Applicants must be currently authorized to work in either Sweden or Norway for any employer.**
For immediate consideration, please email your CV and cover letter in English (PDF format preferred) with "Speech Linguistic Project Manager [language]" in the subject line.
Closing date: open until filled
|Application Deadline:||Open until filled|
click here to access email
click here to access email