Job Announcement: US Department of State English Language Fellow Program
English; Applied Linguistics; ESL: Fellow, US Department of State English Language Fellow Program, Multiple Locations
US Department of State English Language Fellow Program
|Job Location:||Multiple Locations, ----------------|
Interested in improving your skill set, developing professionally, and promoting mutual understanding all while teaching abroad for 10 months?
The English Language (EL) Fellow Program promotes English language learning around the world and fosters mutual understanding between the people of the United States and people of other countries. The Program places highly qualified teachers in paid professional positions at projects initiated by U.S. embassies in all regions of the world. It is an opportunity for ESL teachers to enhance their professional career as they contribute to cross-cultural awareness throughout the world. Assignments are for a 10-month period typically beginning in September 2014.
The EL Fellow Program is funded by the U.S. Department of State, Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs. As a program administrator, Georgetown University's Center for International Education and Development is recruiting applicants for approximately 100 positions for the 2014-2015 academic year.
Please review the eligibility requirements before applying. More detailed information regarding eligibility is available at the application URL below.
- U.S. Citizenship
- Master’s in TESOL OR in a field related to English language teaching
- Classroom ESL/EFL teaching experience
- Personal qualities of patience, determination, flexibility, teamwork initiative and a love of adventure
- Two years’ experience teaching ESL/EFL
- One year experience training English language teachers and/or teacher trainers
- A minimum of one year teaching in the U.S. education system (K-16 or adult education)
- Demonstrated commitment to the field of English language teaching (e.g., membership in a TEFL/TESL professional organization; presentations at an EFL/ESL conference)
- Stipend: $30,000
- Living allowance (rent, utilities, local transportation)
- Textbook and pre-departure allowances
- Supplementary health benefit plan
- Round trip airfare from the United States to the host country
Complete on-line application dossier must contain the following:
- Two 1-page lesson plans/teacher training modules
- Statement of purpose (not to exceed 500 words)
- Statement of personal qualities you will bring to the EL Fellow Program (250 words)
- Two current reference letters
- Graduate transcript
click here to access email