LINGUIST List 25.1471|
Wed Mar 26 2014
Jobs: Mandarin Chinese; Comp Ling; General Ling: Consultant, Ivona Software
Editor for this issue: Andrew Lamont
From: Remus Mois amazon.com>
Subject: Mandarin Chinese; Computational Linguistics; General Linguistics: Consultant, Ivona Software, Cambridge, UK
E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: Ivona Software, an Amazon Company
Department: Development Center
Job Location: Cambridge, UK
Web Address: http://www.ivona.com
Job Title: Linguist - Mandarin Chinese language
Job Rank: Consultant
Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics; General Linguistics; NLP, TTS, ASR, Data Mining
Required Language(s): Chinese, Mandarin (cmn)
As a Linguist for Mandarin Chinese you will work alongside Software Developers who are subject matter experts in speech synthesis and related fields to define and fulfill linguistic data needs. You will be working on tasks to improve natural language processing of TTS. You will help Software Developer with linguistic expertise throughout the whole language and voice building process at Ivona.
Project duration: 6-12 months with potential for extension and/or change of position character from temporary to permanent.
The tasks include:
- Annotating and reviewing linguistic data,
- Generating NLP data,
- Creating test cases for natural language processing modules,
- Labeling text with semantic, syntactic and morphological features,
- Annotating lexicon entries according to guidelines.
- Comfortable working in a fast paced, highly collaborative, dynamic work environment.
- Native speaker of Mandarin Chinese and fluent in English,
- Solid communication skills,
- Degree in Linguistics, Computational Linguistics or similar,
- Strong personal interest in learning, researching, and creating new technologies related to foreign languages, linguistics, phonetics and language technology,
- Strong personal interest in language technology,
- Comfort with multiple computing platforms (Unix, Mac, Windows),
- Knowledge of scripting languages (Perl, Python),
- Attention to details and good organizational skills.
This position is based in Cambridge, UK.
Application Deadline: (Open until filled)
Email Address for Applications: recruitmentivona.com
Phone: +48 693212213
Read more issues|LINGUIST home page|Top of issue
Page Updated: 14-Aug-2014
While the LINGUIST List makes every effort to ensure the linguistic relevance of sites listed
on its pages, it cannot vouch for their contents.