LINGUIST List 25.1207|
Tue Mar 11 2014
Calls: Applied Linguistics/Malaysia
Editor for this issue: Bryn Hauk
From: Shanthi Nadarajan <nadarajanshanthigmail.com>
Subject: Best Practices in Teaching and Learning Languages
E-mail this message to a friend
Full Title: Best Practices in Teaching and Learning Languages
Short Title: iCLS2014
Date: 27-Oct-2014 - 28-Oct-2014
Location: Kuching / Sarawak, Malaysia
Contact Person: Shanthi Nadarajan
Meeting Email: < click here to access email >
Web Site: http://www.cls.unimas.my/en/icls2014
Linguistic Field(s): Applied Linguistics
Call Deadline: 15-Jun-2014
The iCLS 2014 focuses on a wide variety of best practices on language teaching that can help advance knowledge and skills in the field of language learning and teaching in the region. As knowledge in language teaching and learning advances it brings forth new challenges, and solutions need to be provided in order to bridge the gap between education challenges and solutions from results of research. This iCLS conference will be an opportunity for lecturers, teachers, researchers, students and interested participants to meet and share their experiences and research results about all aspects of education advances.
Call for Papers:
We invite you to submit your proposal(s) (abstract of not more than 250 words) to present at the CLS Conference on Best Practices in Language Learning and Teaching.
- Lead an in-depth interactive workshop.
- Present a session on the effectiveness and development of teaching materials/training modules.
- Share your research and expertise on interactive learning materials
- Distill essential knowledge/skills on latest in online reading materials.
- Demonstrate your successful course and/or training materials to others.
- Guide discussions with your colleagues.
Submissions are welcome from a variety of fields, including but not limited to:
- Best practices in language learning and teaching
- Assessment of higher order thinking skills
- Changes in language curriculum
- Inclusion and diversity in language
- Literacy practices in language learning and teaching
- Educational linguistics
- Literature in language education
- Inclusive and differentiated teaching
- Materials selection, adaptation and publication
- Second and foreign language testing and evaluation
- Teachers as innovators
- Teaching and learning in digital age
- The role of grammar in language learning and teaching
- World Englishes and language teaching
Please download and fill in this proposal form and email it directly to iclsunimasgmail.com (Attn: Assoc Prof Dr Su-Hie Ting). Abstract should not be more than 200 words. Deadline for abstract submission is 15 June 2014.
Poster proposal should be accompanied with an abstract of the poster content. The size of the poster is A1 (594 x 841 mm) and a short presentation session will be assigned for each presenter.
Submission of full papers for accepted abstract to be included in conference proceedings should follow this format (Microsoft Word template). The full paper should be maximum of 6 pages, single spacing inclusive of references, appendices, figures and tablets. Deadline for full paper submission is 31 July 2014.
Selected papers will be considered for publication in the Centre for Language Studies journal, Issues in Language Studies journal, indexed by Google Scholar, MyCite and Directory of Open-Access Journals.
Read more issues|LINGUIST home page|Top of issue
Page Updated: 11-Mar-2014
While the LINGUIST List makes every effort to ensure the linguistic relevance of sites listed
on its pages, it cannot vouch for their contents.