LINGUIST List 24.5192|
Sat Dec 14 2013
Calls: Applied Ling, Language Acq, Pragmatics, Text/Corpus Ling, Translation/Russia
Editor for this issue: Bryn Hauk
From: Elena Malyuga <flangsmail.ru>
Subject: Topical Issues of Linguistics & Teaching Methods in Business and Professional Communication
E-mail this message to a friend
Full Title: Topical Issues of Linguistics & Teaching Methods in Business and Professional Communication
Date: 18-Apr-2014 - 19-Apr-2014
Location: Moscow, Russia
Contact Person: Elena Malyuga
Meeting Email: < click here to access email >
Web Site: http://web-local.rudn.ru/web-local/kaf/rj/index.php?id=39&p=3447
Linguistic Field(s): Applied Linguistics; Language Acquisition; Pragmatics; Text/Corpus Linguistics; Translation
Call Deadline: 03-Mar-2014
6th International Research-to-Practical Conference
“Topical Issues of Linguistics and Teaching Methods in Business and Professional Communication”
The conference will be held at Peoples’ Friendship University of Russia, Moscow (PFUR), on April 18-19, 2014.
The main objective of the conference is to provide a forum for researchers, teachers and professionals to exchange ideas, to communicate and discuss research findings and trends in linguistics, specialized translation, LSP and professional communication.
The conference will give opportunity to both academics and practitioners to communicate and discuss on challenges of research and the industry.
The conference agenda includes two plenary sessions and eight sections, and also includes holding presentations, master classes, workshops and round-table talks.
Accommodation: University Campus, double or single rooms, a 10-minute walk from the university.
The conference fee to be paid is 50 euro.
Call for Papers:
1. Topical issues of teaching foreign languages for business communication
2. Modern tendencies of professionally oriented teaching foreign languages
3. Integration of IT and e-coursebooks in the process of teaching foreign languages in a non-linguistic institute of higher education
4. Specialized translation teaching strategies
5. Cross-cultural business communication
6. Important issues of modern applied linguistics: German languages (English and German), Roman languages (French, Spanish, Italian), Oriental languages (Chinese)
7. LSP and specialized translation assessment
8. Distant teaching of LSP
Abstract Submission Requirements:
- Microsoft Word (Windows), font: Times New Roman Cyr., font size: 14, line spacing: 1.5, left indent: 3 cm, right indent: 3 cm, space before and after: 2.5 cm
- Abstract length: 1/2 page
- Indicate in right upper corner of the abstract: Author’s full name, job position (font: boldface Times New Roman, font size: 14).
- Paper title: Centre justified in capital letters, font: Bold type Times New Roman, font size: 14
- References to quoted materials are given in the text in square brackets: [author, year: p.]
- The alphabetized list of materials at the end of the paper under the headline “BIBLIOGRAPHY” is formatted according to State Standard
Report at the plenary sessions: 20 minutes
Report at a section meeting: 10 minutes
Please fill in the registration form below and submit it with one printed copy of abstract to the Foreign Languages Department of Faculty of Economics at PFUR, or email as an attachment to: flangsmail.ru.
Participant’s full name:
Contact Telephone number:
Read more issues|LINGUIST home page|Top of issue
Page Updated: 14-Dec-2013
While the LINGUIST List makes every effort to ensure the linguistic relevance of sites listed
on its pages, it cannot vouch for their contents.