LINGUIST List 24.5083|
Wed Dec 11 2013
Editor for this issue: Bryn Hauk
From: Anne-Marie Barrault-Méthy <ammethyu-bordeaux4.fr>
Subject: Micropolitical Aspects of Language Policy and Planning Colloquium
E-mail this message to a friend
Full Title: Micropolitical Aspects of Language Policy and Planning Colloquium
Date: 04-Sep-2014 - 06-Sep-2014
Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Contact Person: Anne-Marie Barrault-Méthy
Meeting Email: < click here to access email >
Linguistic Field(s): Sociolinguistics
Call Deadline: 15-Jan-2014
The conference will be held at the University of Calgary September 4-6, 2014.
There is no additional registration fee for attending this colloquium. It will form part of the PSSA 2014 conference and will be held at the same venue.
Anne-Marie Barrault-Méthy (Law Department, University of Bordeaux, France)
Alessia Cogo (Humanities & Modern Languages, University of Southampton, The United Kingdom)
Kevin Haines (Institute for Medical Education, University of Groningen, The Netherlands)
Call for Papers:
We are pleased to announce a call for papers for a colloquium on the Micropolitical Aspects of Language Policy that will form part of the Multidisciplinary Approaches in Language Policy and Planning Conference (Calgary, Canada) in 2014. Participants are invited to submit papers related to the overall theme from within any sub-discipline, e.g. narratology, didactics, theory, anthropological linguistics, language and area studies, corpus linguistics, language economics, etc.
Papers on the following topics are welcome:
- Language policy transfer, from micro to macro level and vice-versa
- The relationships between micro and macro levels
- Individual narratives: Teachers, learners, language policy-makers, researchers
- Experts' role in language policy
- Whistleblowers in language policy
- Individual strategies in language policy
- Language policies and globalisation: Individual and institutional challenges
- Lingua franca and micropolitics
- Social inclusion and micropolitics
- Micropolitical agency
- European university language policy at micro level: The Common European Framework of Reference for Languages, the European Language Portfolio and other policy instruments
Abstracts of no more than 300 words should reach the organiser, Anne-Marie Barrault-Méthy (ammethyu-bordeaux4.fr), as soon as possible but definitely no later than 15 January 2014.
Note that the number of presentation slots is limited and that early submission is advisable.
Papers presented at the colloquium will be presented for publication. Papers not selected for the colloquium will be considered for publication.
This colloquium is a session at the Multidisciplinary Approaches in Language Policy and Planning Conference 2014. See full CFP for MALPP 2014 at: http://www.educ.ucalgary.ca/lpp/.
Read more issues|LINGUIST home page|Top of issue
Page Updated: 11-Dec-2013
While the LINGUIST List makes every effort to ensure the linguistic relevance of sites listed
on its pages, it cannot vouch for their contents.