LINGUIST List 24.5082|
Wed Dec 11 2013
Calls: Sociolinguistics, Text/Corpus Linguistics, Language Documentation/Cyprus
Editor for this issue: Bryn Hauk
From: Vugar Sultanzade <vugar.sultanzadeemu.edu.tr>
Subject: VIII Congress of the International Society for Dialectology and Geolinguistics
E-mail this message to a friend
Full Title: VIII Congress of the International Society for Dialectology and Geolinguistics
Short Title: SIDG
Date: 14-Sep-2015 - 18-Sep-2015
Location: Famagusta, Cyprus
Contact Person: Vugar Sultanzade
Meeting Email: < click here to access email >
Web Site: http://sidg.emu.edu.tr
Linguistic Field(s): Language Documentation; Sociolinguistics; Text/Corpus Linguistics
Call Deadline: 30-Jan-2015
Eastern Mediterranean University invites participation in the VIII Congress of the International Society for Dialectology and Geolinguistics (SIDG) and will be pleased to serve as your host from 14 to 18 September 2015 in Famagusta, Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus.
The main topics of the congress will cover all aspects of dialectology and geolinguistics.
- New methodological and technical approaches to variety linguistics & language geography
- Interdisciplinary dialectology
- Dialect synthesis
- Quantitative dialectology
- Cognitive linguistics and dialectology
- Dictionaries, atlases
- Dialect corpora, standards and norms, infrastructure
- Online dialectology
- Perceptual dialectology
- Dialect dynamics between standardization and dialectalization
- Minority languages, interference phenomena
- Dialect and culture as well as dialect and cultural studies
- Dialect and youth language
- Dialect and media(linguistics)
- Dialect translation
- Science intermediation
- Research reports
Call for Papers:
VIII Congress of the International Society for Dialectology and Geolinguistics (SIDG)
14 - 18 September 2015, Famagusta, North Cyprus
Eastern Mediterranean University
The main topics of the congress will cover all aspects of dialectology and geolinguistics. We invite a broad range of proposals for presentations that explore this theme.
The template below should be considered for abstract submission:
- Length: 300 words
- Margins: 2.5cm top; 2.5cm bottom; 3.5cm left and 2.5cm right
- Font: Times New Roman
- Font size: 12 point
- Line spacing: Single spaced
- Page numbering: Upper right-hand corner
- Justification: Left
The abstracts which do not adhere to the aforementioned aspects of the study and format guidelines are unlikely to be accepted.
Abstracts can be submitted at the following link: http://sidg.emu.edu.tr/reg1.php.htm.
The official languages of the conference are English and Turkish. Both oral and poster presentations and other activities will be conducted in English or Turkish.
Read more issues|LINGUIST home page|Top of issue
Page Updated: 11-Dec-2013
While the LINGUIST List makes every effort to ensure the linguistic relevance of sites listed
on its pages, it cannot vouch for their contents.