LINGUIST List 24.4943|
Thu Dec 05 2013
Jobs: English; Historical Ling; Lang Acq; Syntax: Asst Prof, University Utrecht
Editor for this issue: Sarah Fox
From: David Pascoe <d.a.pascoeuu.nl>
Subject: English; Historical Linguistics; Language Acquisition; Syntax: Assistant Professor, University Utrecht, Utrecht, Netherlands
E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: University Utrecht
Department: Faculty of Humanities
Job Location: Utrecht, Netherlands
Web Address: http://www.uu.nl/EN/informationfor/jobseekers/Pages/vacancies.aspx
Job Title: 3 Assistant Professors of English Linguistics
Job Rank: Assistant Professor
Specialty Areas: Historical Linguistics; Language Acquisition; Syntax
Required Language(s): English (eng)
We are especially interested in applicants whose areas of expertise include one or more of the following:
- Second language acquisition (formal/informal)
- English Historical linguistics and Medieval Literature
Additional areas of expertise considered to be of value are Academic Writing (aimed at linguistics), First Language Acquisition, Bilingualism, and Language Variation.
- extensive experience in teaching English Linguistics and Academic Writing of English, both at the Bachelor and Master levels;
- considerable research experience in these areas, evidence of which should include a finished PhD and publications at an internationally recognised level;
- experience with successful applications for external funding is desirable;
- experience in a coordinating position is advantageous;
- good communication skills;
- basic teaching qualifications; if not, being prepared to obtain them;
- fluency in English, preferable to near-native standard.
We offer 3 full-time appointments for 2 years (part-time is negotiable). According to University regulations (Functies, Loopbanen en Waardering (FLOW)) you are expected to obtain basic teaching qualifications within this period of time. Given satisfactory performance within that period, the appointment will be continued. For one of the three positions this will result in a continuation of another year, while the other two are permanent positions.
Depending on your knowledge and experience, your monthly gross salary will be minimally € 3,037.- (scale 10 according to the Collective Employment Agreement of the Dutch Universities) and maximally € 5,070.- (scale 12), based on a full-time basis. We offer a pension scheme, a holiday allowance of 8% per year and flexible employment conditions. Conditions are based on the Collective Employment Agreement of the Dutch Universities. More information: terms of employment.
Applications should include:
- a letter of motivation
- a curriculum vitae including contact and personal details
- the contact details of two referees (names, affiliations and phone numbers or e-mail addresses)
- one selected publication
Due to the University being closed for the holiday season, you will not receive further information about the procedure before January 6, 2014.
Interviews with selected candidates will take place in the week of January 13, 2014. Conducting a test-lecture, will constitute a part of the selection procedure. Employment will become effective in spring or summer of 2014.
Application is only possible via the UU website application form.
Application Deadline: 27-Dec-2013
Web Address for Applications: http://www.uu.nl/EN/informationfor/jobseekers/Pages/vacancies.aspx
Prof.dr. David Pascoe
Read more issues|LINGUIST home page|Top of issue
Page Updated: 05-Dec-2013
While the LINGUIST List makes every effort to ensure the linguistic relevance of sites listed
on its pages, it cannot vouch for their contents.