LINGUIST List 24.3426|
Sun Sep 01 2013
Jobs: Comp Ling; Semantics; NLP: Programmer/Scientist, Decisive Analytics Corporation
Editor for this issue: Sarah Fox
From: Shannon Clarke <shannon.clarkedac.us>
Subject: Computational Linguistics; Semantics; NLP: Programmer/Scientist, Decisive Analytics Corporation, Virginia, USA
E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: Decisive Analytics Corporation
Department: Analytical Technologies Sector
Job Location: Virginia, USA
Web Address: http://www.dac.us/Careers
Job Rank: Programmer; Scientist
Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics; Semantics; NLP
Decisive Analytics Corporation is looking for a Software Developer/Scientist – Natural Language Processing to join our team in Arlington, VA.
The Decisive Analytics Corporation’s Analytic Products Division is focused on developing and implementing advanced analytical algorithms for military, intelligence community, and commercial applications.
- Possess a strong entrepreneurial spirit to aid in driving the growth of this employee-owned company
- Maintain an understanding of the current and emerging trends in Natural Language Processing
- Lead the development of cutting edge algorithms for Natural Language Processing
- Provide end-to-end Research and Development from project conception and proposal through algorithm development and prototyping
- Grow the business through expansion into tangential areas of interest
- Minimum of two (2) years experience in Natural Language Processing or equivalent academic experience
- Basic familiarity with Java, C++, or C#
- Demonstrated ability to convert academic ideas into realized prototype solutions
- Strong skills working within a collaborative team environment
Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computational Linguistics, Computer Science, or a related discipline with significant software development experience.
Master’s degree or higher in Computational Linguistics, Computer Science, or a related discipline with significant software development experience.
Applicants must have a secret clearance or be able to obtain a DoD secret clearance upon hire
Must be a U.S. Citizen.
Application Deadline: (Open until filled)
Web Address for Applications: http://www.dac.us/Careers
Read more issues|LINGUIST home page|Top of issue
Page Updated: 01-Sep-2013
While the LINGUIST List makes every effort to ensure the linguistic relevance of sites listed
on its pages, it cannot vouch for their contents.