LINGUIST List 24.1066|
Fri Mar 01 2013
Jobs: German; Historical Ling: Professor, Ghent University
Editor for this issue: Uliana Kazagasheva
From: Torsten Leuschner <Torsten.Leuschnerugent.be>
Subject: German; Historical Linguistics: Professor, Ghent University, Ghent, Belgium
E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: Ghent University
Job Location: Ghent, Belgium
Web Address: http://www.taalkunde.ugent.be
Job Rank: Professor
Specialty Areas: Historical Linguistics
Required Language(s): German (deu)
The Faculty of Arts & Philosophy invites applications for the full-time position of professor in the rank of Lecturer (Tenure Track system) in the Department of Linguistics, taking effect on October 1, 2013. Responsibilities will include academic teaching, research, and service in the field of historical German linguistics.
- on the day of application, candidates are required to hold a PhD with a doctoral thesis in the field mentioned (or equivalent thereof);
- candidates are required to have at least two years of postdoctoral experience on October 1, 2013;
- candidates are required to have research experience in the field of historical German linguistics, as is evident from contributions to international conferences and recent publications in international books and/or peer-reviewed journals;
- candidates are required to possess an excellent oral and written knowledge of German;
- candidates are required to possess the necessary didactic, organizational and communicative skills for teaching German linguistics and German Language Proficiency in an academic context;
- an international ‘profile' gained, for instance, through participation in research programmes at institutions other than one's own, will be considered an asset.
Candidates are required to show a willingness to learn Dutch (insofar as they do not speak this language on the day of application).
The official language at Ghent University is Dutch. Non-Dutch-speaking candidates can also apply.
The candidates are required to submit:
- an outline (max. 1500 words) explaining their views on research, teaching and administrative duties in relation to this vacancy;
- the required transcripts (copies of degrees).
- candidates will be short-listed on the basis of their curriculum vitae, bibliography, and the outline;
short-listed applicants will be invited for an interview and required to teach a short lesson, on the basis of which the final selection will be made.
This full-time position is a tenure-track appointment for a period of five years, at the end of which a tenure decision will be taken, depending on an overall evaluation.
For further information about this vacancy, applicants are welcome to contact Professor Torsten Leuschner (+32 (0)9 264 4086 or mailto: Torsten.LeuschnerUGent.be), and/or Professor Stef Slembrouck, Head of Department (tel. +32 (0)9 264 3794 of mailto:Stef.Slembrouckugent.be).
Applications should be sent no later than March 29, 2013 by email to the application email address below including the standard application form for Autonomous Academic Staff (‘ZAP’) and the required copies of degrees attached. The candidate will be sent an email confirming receipt of the application.
The application forms for Autonomous Academic Staff (ZAP):
- can be obtained at Ghent University, Department of Personnel and Organization, Sint-Pietersnieuwstraat 25, 9000 Gent;
- can be requested by phone: +32 (9) 264 31 28 or +32 (9) 264 95.48;
- can be downloaded from the internet: http://www.ugent.be/nl/werken/aanwerving/formulieren/zap/formulier.doc/view
Application Deadline: 29-Mar-2013
Email Address for Applications: recruitmentzapugent.be
Web Address for Applications: https://www.ugent.be/en/news/vacancies/autonomous/historical-german-linguistics
Professor Dr. Torsten Leuschner
Phone: 0032 9 264 40 84
Read more issues|LINGUIST home page|Top of issue
Page Updated: 01-Mar-2013
While the LINGUIST List makes every effort to ensure the linguistic relevance of sites listed
on its pages, it cannot vouch for their contents.