LINGUIST List 23.5386|
Thu Dec 20 2012
Jobs: Computational Linguistics: Researcher, Vicomtech
Editor for this issue: Sarah Fox
From: Arantza Del Pozo <adelpozovicomtech.org>
Subject: Computational Linguistics: Researcher, Vicomtech, San Sebastián, Spain
E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: Vicomtech
Job Location: San Sebastián, Spain
Job Rank: Researcher
Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics
Vicomtech-IK4, an international applied research centre in Visual Interaction and Communication Technologies located in San Sebastian (Spain) is looking for a Junior Researcher expert in Linguistics. We are looking for someone with research interests in the linguistic aspects of Speech Processing, Natural Language Processing and Dialogue System technologies, and also motivated by the transfer of this knowledge into real world applications by building advanced research prototypes developed to solve real needs.
The selected candidate will work with the Human Speech and Language Technology Department, participating and managing research projects at regional, national and EU level and leading their
linguistic tasks which will mainly involve editing, designing and creating language resources such as
corpus, lexical databases, ontologies, morphologies and syntax to be employed for the development of Speech Recognition and Synthesis, Information Extraction and Retrieval, Opinion Mining, Machine
Translation and Dialogue System applications, among others.
- Masters or University Degree in Linguistics, Philology or related field.
- Good written and spoken Basque, Spanish and English. Other languages will be valued.
- Knowledge/Interest in Speech and Natural Language Processing
- Basic programming skills
- Experience in Speech and Natural Language Processing applications
If you are:
- A researcher with management abilities and interests.
- A team player with an ambitious and creative personality.
- A multi-cultural research environment.
- A multidisciplinary research team.
- A group active in the international Human Speech and Language Technologies research field.
- The opportunity to develop management as well as research skills.
To apply, please submit your CV to Dr. Arantza del Pozo (Head of Human Speech and Language Technologies) at the application email address below.
Email Address for Applications: adelpozovicomtech.org
Arantza Del Pozo
Phone: +34 943 30 92 30
Read more issues|LINGUIST home page|Top of issue
Page Updated: 20-Dec-2012
While the LINGUIST List makes every effort to ensure the linguistic relevance of sites listed
on its pages, it cannot vouch for their contents.