LINGUIST List 23.2498|
Fri May 25 2012
Jobs: Japanese; Translation: Consultant Translator, Appen Butler Hill
Editor for this issue: Sarah Fox
The LINGUIST List strongly encourages employers to engage in non-discriminatory hiring practices. We urge employers not to discriminate on the grounds of race, ethnicity, nationality, disability, age, religion, gender, or sexual orientation. However, we have no means of enforcing these standards.
Job seekers should pay special attention to language in ads regarding employment requirements and are encouraged to consult our international employment page at http://linguistlist.org/jobs/jobnet.html. This page has been set up so that people can report on the employment standards of various countries.
To post to LINGUIST, use our convenient web form at http://linguistlist.org/posttolinguist.cfm
From: Mandy Iverson <miversonappenbutlerhill.com>
Subject: Japanese; Translation: Consultant Translator, Appen Butler Hill
E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: Appen Butler Hill
Job Location: Telecommute
Web Address: http://www.appenbutlerhill.com
Job Rank: Translator
Specialty Areas: Translation; Localization
Required Language(s): Japanese (jpn)
Appen Butler Hill is currently looking for a Japanese Translator/Localizer for
an upcoming project involving prompt localization and prompt creation for an
advanced dialog system of a Speech Recognition system. The consultant will
work remotely for approximately 15 hours per week (20-25 preferred). The
contract is expected to begin as soon as possible, and last approximately 8-
- Translator with credentials and minimum of 2 years experience
Native speaker of Japanese;
- Lived in the country at least 5 years in immediate past;
- Awareness of social and cultural sensitivities and social media;
- Strong familiarity with social media technology and modern society
communication methods (e.g. voice recognition and navigation systems);
- Prior experience with technical translation, UI translation, and Speech
technology programs are a plus.
- Localization of English prompts into Japanese
- Creation of Japanese prompts based on English input
- Composition of grammar specs
- Projects require excellent English reading, writing and communication
- Strong computer skills in a Windows environment and greater than average
comfort with software and technology are expected.
- US residents must have US work authorization (US citizen or permanent
resident). You will be required to sign a legally binding non-disclosure
agreement at the time of contract negotiation.
- This is a contract position.
We offer a competitive, hourly pay rate DOE (to be paid as 1099 self-
To apply, visit the application URL below.
Application Deadline: 15-Jun-2012
Web Address for Applications: http://tbe.taleo.net/NA5/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=BUTLERHILL&cws=4&rid=321
Read more issues|LINGUIST home page|Top of issue
Page Updated: 25-May-2012
While the LINGUIST List makes every effort to ensure the linguistic relevance of sites listed
on its pages, it cannot vouch for their contents.