LINGUIST List 23.1935|
Wed Apr 18 2012
Calls: Phonetics, Phonology, Typology, Psycholing, Neuroling/UK
Editor for this issue: Alison Zaharee
New! Visit LL's Multitree project for over 1000 trees dynamically generated from scholarly hypotheses about language relationships:
LINGUIST is pleased to announce an exciting service: Easy Abstracts! Easy Abs is a free abstract submission and review facility designed to help conference organizers and reviewers accept and process abstracts online. Just go to: http://www.linguistlist.org/confcustom, and begin your conference customization process today! With Easy Abstracts, submission and review will be as easy as 1-2-3!
From: Allison Wetterlin <allison.wetterlinling-phil.ox.ac.uk>
Subject: 5th European Conference on Tone and Intonation
E-mail this message to a friend
Full Title: 5th European Conference on Tone and Intonation
Short Title: TIE5
Date: 06-Sep-2012 - 08-Sep-2012
Location: Oxford, United Kingdom
Contact Person: Kate Dobson
Meeting Email: < click here to access email >
Web Site: http://www.ling-phil.ox.ac.uk/events/tie/
Linguistic Field(s): Neurolinguistics; Phonetics; Phonology; Psycholinguistics; Typology
Call Deadline: 26-Apr-2012
The 5th European Conference on Tone and Intonation (TIE5) will be held September 6-8, 2012 at the University of Oxford, UK.
Laura Downing (ZAS, Berlin)
Carlos Gussenhoven (Radboud University Nijmegen & Queen Mary UL) & Jörg Peters (Oldenburg Universität)
Pilar Prieto (Universitat Pampeu Fabra)
Tomas Riad (Stockholms Universitet)
Elisabeth Selkirk (University of Massachusetts Amherst)
Accommodations will be available in Somerville College. The conference website will provide more details in due course.
Conference website: http://www.ling-phil.ox.ac.uk/events/tie/
Aditi Lahiri & Allison Wetterlin
2nd Call for Papers:
The TIE conference series has been bringing together researchers biennially since 2004. The focus has been on tone, intonation and all aspects of sentence prosody in a wide variety of languages, employing different methodologies. TIE5 - to be hosted by the Faculty of Linguistics, Philology and Phonetics at the University of Oxford (Somerville College) - is now welcoming abstracts for papers and posters dealing with any topic within these areas.
Abstract submission deadline: 11.59 (EST) April 26, 2012
- The deadline for abstract submission is midnight (GMT) April 26, 2012
- Abstract submission will be through the Linguist List's Easy Abstract System (http://linguistlist.org/confcustom/TIE5)
- Abstracts should be submitted in pdf or Word (.doc) formats
- Abstracts should not be longer than one A4 page for text and examples with 2 cm or equivalent margins, single-spaced, with a font size no smaller than 12pt, and with normal character spacing. One extra page solely for references may also be submitted.
- Your abstract should be anonymous. Please do not use your name in the file name of your abstract. You will be asked to submit a separate version with your name and affiliation if your abstract is selected for presentation.
- If using phonetic fonts in your abstract, please submit a pdf file or use Doulous SIL font.
- Abstracts may be submitted for a 'talk/poster', 'talk only', or 'poster only' - please indicate this at the end of your abstract before the references. This will not be counted within your one page limit.
- Authors may submit a maximum of one single-authored and one co-authored abstract or two co-authored abstracts.
Program finalisation: June 15, 2012
Notification of abstract acceptance: June 1, 2012
Read more issues|LINGUIST home page|Top of issue
Page Updated: 18-Apr-2012
While the LINGUIST List makes every effort to ensure the linguistic relevance of sites listed
on its pages, it cannot vouch for their contents.