LINGUIST List 22.3573|
Tue Sep 13 2011
Jobs: Chinese; C/C++ Programming; Chinese Comp Ling: Oracle Corp.
Editor for this issue: Kristen Dunkinson
The LINGUIST List strongly encourages employers to engage in non-discriminatory hiring practices. We urge employers not to discriminate on the grounds of race, ethnicity, nationality, disability, age, religion, gender, or sexual orientation. However, we have no means of enforcing these standards.
Job seekers should pay special attention to language in ads regarding employment requirements and are encouraged to consult our international employment page at http://linguistlist.org/jobs/jobnet.html. This page has been set up so that people can report on the employment standards of various countries.
To post to LINGUIST, use our convenient web form at http://linguistlist.org/posttolinguist.cfm
1. Louise Kemp-De Jong ,
Chinese, Mandarin; C/C++ Programming; Chinese Computational Linguist: Oracle Corp., DC, USA
Message 1: Chinese, Mandarin; C/C++ Programming; Chinese Computational Linguist: Oracle Corp., DC, USA
From: Louise Kemp-De Jong <louise.kemp-de.jongoracle.com>
Subject: Chinese, Mandarin; C/C++ Programming; Chinese Computational Linguist: Oracle Corp., DC, USA
E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: Oracle Corp.
Job Location: District of Columbia, USA
Job Rank: Programmer
Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics
Required Language(s): Chinese, Mandarin (cmn)
Oracle ATG offers commerce and knowledge applications which use the ATG
Search product. This product supports over 15 languages but will need to
support 32 in the near future. The ATG Search group develops the software
and language dictionaries and other linguistic data to support search.
We are seeking a Chinese Computational Linguists for research and
development related to a multi-language natural language processing system.
Qualified candidates must be native or near-native speakers of at least one of
the following languages:
* Proficiency in at least one additional language is a strong plus.
- Must have 2-5 yrs of professional experience as a computational linguist
- Academic degree or professional experience in computational linguistics
- 5 yrs of C/C++ programming skills
- Experience with creating morphological rules for languages both familiar
- Proficiency with regular expressions and basic Unix/Linux shell commands
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to work independently
- Proficiency in a scripting language (Perl, Python, Ruby, etc.) is a plus
The candidates will be responsible for:
- Creating, developing, and maintaining lexicons and morphological rules in a
variety of languages
- Quality assessment of existing language work
- Ongoing testing and evaluation of language-related aspects of search
- Researching and evaluating alternative tokenization and morphological
- Collecting, evaluating, and maintaining training corporation
If interested, please send your resume to Louise de Jong at the application
email address below.
Application Deadline: 01-Dec-2011
Email Address for Applications: louise.kemp-de.jongoracle.com
Louise Kemp-De Jong
Read more issues|LINGUIST home page|Top of issue
Page Updated: 13-Sep-2011
While the LINGUIST List makes every effort to ensure the linguistic relevance of sites listed
on its pages, it cannot vouch for their contents.