LINGUIST List 22.2721|
Fri Jul 01 2011
Jobs: General Ling; Phonetics/Phonology: Senior Linguist, Sensory, Inc.
Editor for this issue: Christy Bird
New! Visit LL's Multitree project for over 1000 trees dynamically generated from scholarly hypotheses about language relationships:
The LINGUIST List strongly encourages employers to engage in non-discriminatory hiring practices. We urge employers not to discriminate on the grounds of race, ethnicity, nationality, disability, age, religion, gender, or sexual orientation. However, we have no means of enforcing these standards.
Job seekers should pay special attention to language in ads regarding employment requirements and are encouraged to consult our international employment page at http://linguistlist.org/jobs/jobnet.html. This page has been set up so that people can report on the employment standards of various countries.
To post to LINGUIST, use our convenient web form at http://linguistlist.org/posttolinguist.cfm
1. HR Department ,
General Linguistics; Phonetics; Phonology: Senior Linguist, Sensory, Inc., OR, USA
Message 1: General Linguistics; Phonetics; Phonology: Senior Linguist, Sensory, Inc., OR, USA
From: HR Department <jobssensoryinc.com>
Subject: General Linguistics; Phonetics; Phonology: Senior Linguist, Sensory, Inc., OR, USA
E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: Sensory, Inc.
Job Location: Oregon, USA
Web Address: http://www.sensoryinc.com
Job Rank: Senior Linguist
Specialty Areas: General Linguistics; Phonetics; Phonology
Seeking Linguist with interest in speech technology. Must be a fast learner
with interest in phonetics, phonology and technical concepts. Must be
capable of working in an interactive team while conducting self-directed work.
- Develop, review, test and improve linguistic components of speech
recognition and synthesis systems
- Create text normalization, pronunciation and phonology models for new
- Assist product developers in recognition parameter tuning and user
- Design data collection protocols
- Work with other speech technologists in research and development of new
- 3-5 years total job experience with demonstrated interest in linguistics
- Fluency in at least one foreign language
- Excellent understanding of phonological and phonetic concepts
- Ability to transcribe in IPA
- Ability to interpret a spectrogram
- Computer literate
- B.A. / B.S. or higher degree in Linguistics
- Experience using tools such as Audition, Peak, Sound Forge, or Praat
- Knowledge of WorldBet or SAMPA
- Programming skills in a scripting language is a strong plus but not required
To apply, please indicate the job code you are interested in and email your
cover letter and resume in MS Word or ASCII text format to the email
address below. (Senior Linguist Job Code: 11-01. See
http://www.sensoryinc.com/company/employment.html for more information.)
Application Deadline: Open until filled.
Email Address for Applications: jobssensoryinc.com
Read more issues|LINGUIST home page|Top of issue
Page Updated: 01-Jul-2011
While the LINGUIST List makes every effort to ensure the linguistic relevance of sites listed
on its pages, it cannot vouch for their contents.