From: Kevin Rottet <krottetindiana.edu>
Subject: North American Association of Celtic Language Teachers
E-mail this message to a friend
Full Title: North American Association of Celtic Language Teachers
Short Title: NAACLT
Date: 11-May-2011 - 14-May-2011
Location: Douglas, Isle of Man
Contact Person: Kevin Rottet
Meeting Email: < click here to access email >
Web Site: http://www.naaclt.org
Linguistic Field(s): Applied Linguistics; Language Acquisition; Sociolinguistics
Language Family(ies): Insular Celtic
Call Deadline: 15-Apr-2011
NAACLT includes but is not limited to academic professionals. People involved in Celtic language learning and teaching from every walk of life are invited to participate, including:
- Linguists working on one or more Celtic languages
- Community-based language teachers
- Celtic language enthusiasts
- Celtic language policy makers
- Celtic language musicians
Call for Papers:
We are now accepting abstracts for twenty-minute talks in any of the following (or related) areas:
- Topics in Celtic linguistics, sociolinguistics, and Second Language Acquisition (SLA)
- Methods, Techniques, Best Practices in teaching Celtic languages
- Incorporating Celtic cultures into the classroom or learning experience
- Application of computer technology to Celtic language teaching or research
- Pedagogical materials: what works, what doesn't
- Language policy and planning in the Celtic world
- Promotion or appreciation of Celtic languages and cultures
Please send abstracts of between 200-300 words to Kevin Rottet (krottetindiana.edu) by April 15, 2011.
This Year the LINGUIST List hopes to raise $67,000. This money will go to help
keep the List running by supporting all of our Student Editors for the coming year.
See below for donation instructions, and don't forget to check out Fund
Drive 2011 site!
There are many ways to donate to LINGUIST!
You can donate right now using our secure credit card form at
Alternatively you can also pledge right now and pay later. To do so, go to:
For all information on donating and pledging, including information on how to
donate by check, money order, or wire transfer, please visit:
The LINGUIST List is under the umbrella of Eastern Michigan University and as
such can receive donations through the EMU Foundation, which is a registered
501(c) Non Profit organization. Our Federal Tax number is 38-6005986. These
donations can be offset against your federal and sometimes your state tax return
(U.S. tax payers only). For more information visit the IRS Web-Site, or contact
your financial advisor.
Many companies also offer a gift matching program, such that they will match
any gift you make to a non-profit organization. Normally this entails your
contacting your human resources department and sending us a form that the
EMU Foundation fills in and returns to your employer. This is generally a simple
administrative procedure that doubles the value of your gift to LINGUIST, without
costing you an extra penny. Please take a moment to check if your company
operates such a program.
Thank you very much for your support of LINGUIST!
Read more issues|LINGUIST home page|Top of issue