LINGUIST List 21.4312|
Thu Oct 28 2010
Jobs: Computational Linguistics: Scientist, A Technology Company
Editor for this issue: Erin Smith
The LINGUIST List strongly encourages employers to engage in non-discriminatory hiring practices. We urge employers not to discriminate on the grounds of race, ethnicity, nationality, disability, age, religion, gender, or sexual orientation. However, we have no means of enforcing these standards.
Job seekers should pay special attention to language in ads regarding employment requirements and are encouraged to consult our international employment page at http://linguistlist.org/jobs/jobnet.html. This page has been set up so that people can report on the employment standards of various countries.
To post to LINGUIST, use our convenient web form at http://linguistlist.org/posttolinguist.cfm
1. Bennett Bullock ,
Computational Linguistics: Scientist, A Technology Company, Virginia, USA
Message 1: Computational Linguistics: Scientist, A Technology Company, Virginia, USA
From: Bennett Bullock <bbullockmit.edu>
Subject: Computational Linguistics: Scientist, A Technology Company, Virginia, USA
E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: A Technology Company
Department: Research and Development
Job Rank: Scientist
Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics
We are a rapidly growing technology company actively developing text
analytics systems. We are an ideal place for researchers interested in
working in a fast-paced environment where their ideas are rapidly applied
to technology solutions. Currently, we are looking for full-time employees
with academic or professional experience in one or more of the following
1) Machine Learning, especially, Neural and/or Bayesian inference networks.
2) Natural Language Processing, focusing on N-gram models, Hidden Markov
Models, probabilistic sentence parsing.
3) Probability, making statistical inferences from sparse data sets.
4) Document Classification and Information Retrieval, especially methods
for evaluating search engines.
5) Theoretical or Computational Linguistics
Candidates must meet the following prerequisites:
1) U.S. Citizenship. A TS clearance or ability to obtain one is a
2) At least 2 years of programing experience in a professional or academic
environment - Java is preferred, although we will consider candidates with
experience with scripting languages such as MATLAB or Perl.
3) A BS in Computer Science, Mathematics, Linguistics, or a related field.
MS, or PhD in these fields strongly preferred.
The ideal candidate will also have experience with:
1) large-scale professional software development, research-driven software
prototyping and familiarity with the design/scaling issues that accompany
large projects. Experience with design patterns is preferred.
2) Weka, Mahout, Mallet, or other commonly used machine-learning tools.
3) the Hadoop platform.
If interested, please send your resume and cover letter to the application
email address below.
Application Deadline: Open until filled.
Email Address for Applications: bbullockmit.edu
Read more issues|LINGUIST home page|Top of issue
Page Updated: 28-Oct-2010
While the LINGUIST List makes every effort to ensure the linguistic relevance of sites listed
on its pages, it cannot vouch for their contents.