From: Philip Minlos <f.minlosgmail.com>
Subject: Slavistics and Scientific Heritage of S. B. Bernstein
E-mail this message to a friend
Slavistics and Scientific Heritage of S. B. Bernstein
Date: 15-Mar-2011 - 16-Mar-2011
Location: Moscow, Russia
Contact: Daria Anisimova
Contact Email: < click here to access email >
Meeting URL: http://www.inslav.ru/index.php?option=com_content&id=236
Linguistic Field(s): Historical Linguistics; History of Linguistics; Sociolinguistics
Language Family(ies): Slavic Subgroup
The conference is organized by Moscow State University and Institute of Slavistics.
The topics to be discussed include:
1. Slavic ethnogenesis and glottogenesis. Slavic languages and other branches of Indo-European.
2. Comparative grammar of Slavic languages. Etymology.
3. Cyril and Methodius.Old Church Slavonic language and Church Slavonic languages.
4. Dialectology. Linguistic geography. Slavic linguistic atlases.
5. Balkan and Carpathian studies. Language contacts between Slavic and non-Slavic languages.
6. Modern Slavic languages. Language situation in Slavic countries.
7. Slavic lexicography.
8. Linguistic and cultural ties between Slavs. Problems of translation.
9. The history of Slavic Studies.
10. Slavic Studies in modern high school.
Conference languages are all Slavic languages and English.
Application submission deadline: May 20, 2010.
This Year the LINGUIST List hopes to raise $65,000. This money will go to help
keep the List running by supporting all of our Student Editors for the coming year.
See below for donation instructions, and don't forget to check out our Space Fund
Drive 2010 and join us for a great journey!
There are many ways to donate to LINGUIST!
You can donate right now using our secure credit card form at
Alternatively you can also pledge right now and pay later. To do so, go to:
For all information on donating and pledging, including information on how to
donate by check, money order, or wire transfer, please visit:
The LINGUIST List is under the umbrella of Eastern Michigan University and as
such can receive donations through the EMU Foundation, which is a registered
501(c) Non Profit organization. Our Federal Tax number is 38-6005986. These
donations can be offset against your federal and sometimes your state tax return
(U.S. tax payers only). For more information visit the IRS Web-Site, or contact
your financial advisor.
Many companies also offer a gift matching program, such that they will match
any gift you make to a non-profit organization. Normally this entails your
contacting your human resources department and sending us a form that the
EMU Foundation fills in and returns to your employer. This is generally a simple
administrative procedure that doubles the value of your gift to LINGUIST, without
costing you an extra penny. Please take a moment to check if your company
operates such a program.
Thank you very much for your support of LINGUIST!
Read more issues|LINGUIST home page|Top of issue