LINGUIST List 20.230|
Sun Jan 25 2009
Jobs: Various Languages & Comp Ling: Computational Linguist, Lionbridge
Editor for this issue: Bethany Townsend
The LINGUIST List strongly encourages employers to use
non-discriminatory standards in hiring policy. In particular we urge
that employers do not discriminate on the grounds of race, ethnicity,
nationality, age, religion, gender, or sexual orientation. However, we
have no means of enforcing these standards.
Job seekers should pay special attention to language in ads regarding
employment requirements and are encouraged to consult our international
employment page at http://linguistlist.org/jobs/jobnet.html. This page has been
set up so that people can report on the employment standards of various countries.
To post to LINGUIST, use our convenient web form at
Various Languages & Computational Linguistics: Computational Linguist, Lionbridge Testing Services, Finland
Message 1: Various Languages & Computational Linguistics: Computational Linguist, Lionbridge Testing Services, Finland
From: Kati Sarkka <kati.sarkkalionbridge.com>
Subject: Various Languages & Computational Linguistics: Computational Linguist, Lionbridge Testing Services, Finland
E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: Lionbridge Testing Services
Job Location: Tampere, Finland
Web Address: http://www.lionbridge.com
Job Rank: Computational Linguist
Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics
Required Language(s): Arabic, Standard (arb)
German, Standard (deu)
Norwegian, Nynorsk (nno)
Norwegian, Bokmål (nob)
We are looking for Computational Linguists/Language Technology Engineers
for the languages listed above.
- Educational background in computational linguistics
- Experience in software development
- Experience with at least one scripting language
- Experience in document authoring, styling, and change control.
- Localisation/Internationalisation experience
- Ability to take initiative and manage oneself
- The ability to deal effectively with people, requiring tact, courtesy,
patience and an outgoing personality
- Great attention to detail
- Coordination skills
- Good communication skills
- Good organisational and analytical skills, with the ability to work in a
logical and methodical way.
- Experience in analyzing language (recognition) and/or synthesizing
- Experience in machine and automated translation process
- Experience in working in/with large international companies
- Experience in working in a multicultural environment
- Relevant university level studies, for example a Master's degree in
Please add the following details in your application:
- Your availability
- Desired salary
- Preferred location
- As a world leader, Lionbridge will provide you:
- Opportunities for learning. Lionbridge has strong project management
methodologies and industry leading workflow solutions, allowing you to
expand your career and skill set.
- Opportunities to work with major customers - Lionbridge works with the
10 largest firms in the world and two-thirds of the Global50.
- Through its worldwide presence, Lionbridge will allow you:
- To work in a multi-cultural environment. Lionbridge has 50 offices in 25
counties. Many of these offices work collaboratively on projects, exposing
our employees to a wide range of cultures and work styles.
Lionbridge is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified
candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to
race, national origin, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, veteran
status or marital status.
Application Deadline: 15-Feb-2009
Email Address for Applications: jobs.tamperelionbridge.com
Ms. Kati Sarkka
Fax: 3583 3185133
Read more issues|LINGUIST home page|Top of issue
Please report any bad links or misclassified data
LINGUIST Homepage | Read
LINGUIST | Contact us
While the LINGUIST List makes every effort to ensure the linguistic relevance of sites listed
on its pages, it cannot vouch for their contents.