LINGUIST List 19.701|
Sun Mar 02 2008
Jobs: Spanish & Translation: Translator, McNeil Technologies
Editor for this issue: Luiza Newlin Lukowicz
The LINGUIST List strongly encourages employers to use
non-discriminatory standards in hiring policy. In particular we urge
that employers do not discriminate on the grounds of race, ethnicity,
nationality, age, religion, gender, or sexual orientation. However, we
have no means of enforcing these standards.
Job seekers should pay special attention to language in ads regarding
employment requirements and are encouraged to consult our international
employment page at http://linguistlist.org/jobs/jobnet.html. This page has been
set up so that people can report on the employment standards of various countries.
To post to LINGUIST, use our convenient web form at
Spanish & Translation: Translator, McNeil Technologies, Springfield, VA, USA
Message 1: Spanish & Translation: Translator, McNeil Technologies, Springfield, VA, USA
From: McNeil Technologies <mcurismcneiltech.com>
Subject: Spanish & Translation: Translator, McNeil Technologies, Springfield, VA, USA
E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: McNeil Technologies
Department: Intelligence and Language Center
Job Location: Virginia, USA
Web Address: http://www.mcneiltech.com
Job Rank: Translator
Specialty Areas: Translation; Native Speaker
Required Language(s): Spanish (spa)
McNeil Technologies Inc is currently recruiting Full Time Spanish
Translators/Transcribers/Interpreters for assignments in Chantilly, VA.
Active security clearance, DSS Secret preferred.
- Position requires monitoring, translating, transcribing, interpreting,
performing translation/ transcription quality control and performing
validating services. Linguist shall be responsible for monitoring a varying
number of sources during any given shift.
- Provide reliable and accurate translations, transcriptions, and/or
summaries of source materials into English. Linguists will perform
multifunctional duties: i.e. when not interpreting, you may be required to
translate or transcribe source materials/documents and/or perform quality
control functions on documents/materials completed by other linguists.
- Perform as required, administrative duties related to tasks. Such duties
may include, but are not limited to, placing log sheets, line sheets,
duplicating tapes and/or summaries into binders, coping and stapling
Qualifications for Linguist:
- Undergrad degree or Graduate education: Major study in Spanish from an
English speaking college or university, English from a college or
university in other countries, or translating or interpreting where English
and Spanish were prerequisites
- Specialized experience in translating, interpreting, or other work
requiring the use of English and Spanish language.
- An excellent command of the English language with ability to provide
clear and concise oral and written communication.
- Ability to comprehend Spanish with native or near-native ability and
ability to follow accurately the basic elements of conversations and
- Skills necessary to read and comprehend Spanish with native or
near-native ability, and to read and understand various text types.
- Ability to comprehend slang and colloquial expressions in the Spanish
language and translate them to English.
- Basic typing/word processing skills.
- U.S. Citizen
- Candidate must successfully pass a Government background investigation.
- Active DSS SECRET Clearance (Interim Secret acceptable)
- Spanish Linguist/Interpreter Experience
- Federal Government Industry Experience
- Law Enforcement Industry Experience
- No Criminal Record
- Good Credit History
Application Deadline: Open until filled.
Email Address for Applications: mcurismcneiltech.com
Web Address for Applications: http://www.mcneiltech.com
Intelligence and Language Matthew Curis
Read more issues|LINGUIST home page|Top of issue
Please report any bad links or misclassified data
LINGUIST Homepage | Read
LINGUIST | Contact us
While the LINGUIST List makes every effort to ensure the linguistic relevance of sites listed
on its pages, it cannot vouch for their contents.