LINGUIST List 19.564|
Tue Feb 19 2008
Calls: Comp Ling,Lexicography,Semantics/France; General Ling/UK
Editor for this issue: F. Okki Kurniawan
As a matter of policy, LINGUIST discourages the use of abbreviations
or acronyms in conference announcements unless they are explained in
the text. To post to LINGUIST, use our convenient web form at
Language Data Mining for Intelligent Word Processing
Linguistics Association of Great Britain 2008 Meeting
Message 1: Language Data Mining for Intelligent Word Processing
From: Wlodarczyk Andre <andre.wlodarczykparis-sorbonne.fr>
Subject: Language Data Mining for Intelligent Word Processing
E-mail this message to a friend
Full Title: Language Data Mining for Intelligent Word Processing
Short Title: CASK Sorbonne 2008
Date: 13-Jun-2008 - 14-Jun-2008
Location: Paris, France
Contact Person: Piedel Agnès
Meeting Email: < click here to access email >
Web Site: http://www.celta.paris-sorbonne.fr/colloques/CASKconf2008.html
Linguistic Field(s): Computational Linguistics; Lexicography; Semantics; Text/Corpus Linguistics
Call Deadline: 15-Mar-2008
The aim of the conference is to bring up to date the positions and to exchange views between the specialists of the latest technological achievements of AI & Computer Science and the linguists (both theorists and practitioners) mainly on the newest topics of lexical and grammatical semantics and terminology.
Call for Papers
- operationalization: perception and acquisition of properties of linguistic objects
- building and alignment of language ontologies
- comparing different language semantics (towards a post-experimental contrastive linguistics)
- machine learning and knowledge mining technologies for research on human languages
Conference (June, 13th 2008)
The guest talk will be delivered by dr Uta PRISS (Napier University, School of Computing, Edinburgh, U. K.).
Open Discussion Panel (June, 14th 2008)
Demo of SEMANA, CASK Initiative Software (June, 14th 2008)
Language of the Conference: English
Agnès Piedel (France), André Wlodarczyk (France)
Arakawa Naoya (Japan)
Harada Yasunari (Japan)
Lepage Yves (France)
Priss Uta (U. K.)
Sauvet Georges (France)
Tokunaga Takenobu (Japan)
Tsujii Jun'ichi (Japan)
Wlodarczyk Andre (France)
Wlodarczyk Helene (France)
Yokoyama Shoichi (Japan)
Yoshimoto Kei (Japan
Deadline For Abstracts: March, 15th 2008
Please send your abstract (around 1500 Latin characters, Times 12, with no space between lines) in .doc, .rtf or .pdf format as attachment by e-mail to: piedel.agnieszkaneuf.fr
Please include the following information in the subject header of your email:
CASK Abstract - [author(s) name(s)]
Insert the following author information into the content of your e-mail:
[ ] I wish to present a paper.
Title of your Paper:
[ ] I will attend without presentation.
Web page address (if any):
Acceptance Notification: March, 31st 2008
Presentations will be 20 minutes long, with 10 minutes for discussion. A very limited number of slots will be reserved for longer talks which are intended for presentations of broader scope.
Submission Guidelines: will be announced with the call for participation.
Symposium Fees: 50.
Details on the registration will be announced on the CELTA web pages and in our Call for Participation.
Proceedings: The organizer will consider the possibility to edit a CD-ROM with the Proceedings of the Conference. Selected papers will be published in book form.
Abstracts due: March, 15th 2008
Acceptance notification: March, 31st 2008
Conference: June, 13th 2008
Open Discussion Panel: June, 14th 2008
Demo of SEMANA: June, 14th 2008 (late afternoon)
University Paris Sorbonne (Paris 4)
Centre for Theoretical and Applied Linguistics - CELTA
Maison de la recherche
28 rue Serpente, 75006 Paris
Message 2: Linguistics Association of Great Britain 2008 Meeting
From: Patrick Honeybone <patrick.honeyboneed.ac.uk>
Subject: Linguistics Association of Great Britain 2008 Meeting
E-mail this message to a friend
Full Title: Linguistics Association of Great Britain 2008 Meeting
Short Title: LAGB 2008
Date: 10-Sep-2008 - 13-Sep-2008
Location: University of Essex, Colchester, United Kingdom
Contact Person: Bob Borsley
Web Site: http://www.essex.ac.uk/LAGB2008
Linguistic Field(s): General Linguistics
Call Deadline: 04-Apr-2008
The 2008 Annual Meeting of the Linguistics Association of Great Britain will be held at the University of Essex, from 10th to 13th September. The local organisers will be Sonja Eisenbeiss, Nancy Kula, and Bob Borsley. The Meeting will last four days and will feature several special events, including invited talks by Paul Kiparsky and Bernard Comrie, an invited workshop entitled 'New perspectives on the phonological cycle' and a special themed session with the title 'Language Contact'.
http://www.essex.ac.uk/LAGB2008 (this conference URL will be functioning soon).
Call for Papers
The first circular for the 2008 LAGB Meeting, including full details for abstract submission, is available for download from this address:
Special events at the 2008 LAGB meeting:
1. The Henry Sweet Lecture 2008 will be delivered by Professor Paul Kiparsky (Stanford University) on the evening of 10th September, title to be confirmed.
2. The Linguistics Association Lecture 2008 will be delivered by Professor Bernard Comrie (Max Planck Institute for Evolutionary Anthropology) on 13th September, with the title 'Exploiting WALS: New Developments in Areal Typology'.
3. There will also be a Workshop entitled 'New perspectives on the phonological cycle' related to Paul Kiparsky's Henry Sweet Lecture, on the afternoon of 10th August, featuring talks by Ricardo Bermúdez-Otero (Manchester), Geert Booij (Leiden), and Sarah Collie (Edinburgh).
4. There will also be a special themed session on 13th September, related to Bernard Comrie's Linguistics Association Lecture, with the title 'Language Contact', for which abstracts are now invited. These should be submitted in the same way as abstracts for the general sessions, but should be clearly marked that they are intended for the special session. We welcome abstracts for this session which connect with the topic of Language Contact in any way.
5. There will be a Language Tutorial on Archi, given by Marina Chumakina, Dunstan Brown and Greville Corbett (University of Surrey).
6. There will be a session organised by the LAGB's Education Committee with the title ''Foreign languages: changes at school (and university?). How changes in primary and secondary education will affect future undergraduates, and how universities can help.'' Speakers will include Ros Mitchell (Southampton) and Paul Rowlett (Salford). Further details will soon be made available on this website: www.phon.ucl.ac.uk/home/dick/ec/ecsessions.htm.
Read more issues|LINGUIST home page|Top of issue
Please report any bad links or misclassified data
LINGUIST Homepage | Read
LINGUIST | Contact us
While the LINGUIST List makes every effort to ensure the linguistic relevance of sites listed
on its pages, it cannot vouch for their contents.