LINGUIST List 19.391|
Sun Feb 03 2008
Jobs: ESL/EFL/Curriculum/Teacher Training: Academic Director, LADO
Editor for this issue: Bethany Townsend
The LINGUIST List strongly encourages employers to use
non-discriminatory standards in hiring policy. In particular we urge
that employers do not discriminate on the grounds of race, ethnicity,
nationality, age, religion, gender, or sexual orientation. However, we
have no means of enforcing these standards.
Job seekers should pay special attention to language in ads regarding
employment requirements and are encouraged to consult our international
employment page at http://linguistlist.org/jobs/jobnet.html. This page has been
set up so that people can report on the employment standards of various countries.
To post to LINGUIST, use our convenient web form at
ESL/EFL, Curriculum Design, Teacher Training: Academic Director, LADO International College, Washington, DC, USA
Message 1: ESL/EFL, Curriculum Design, Teacher Training: Academic Director, LADO International College, Washington, DC, USA
From: Enrique Viñas <evinaslado.edu>
Subject: ESL/EFL, Curriculum Design, Teacher Training: Academic Director, LADO International College, Washington, DC, USA
E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: LADO International College
Department: Corporate Office
Job Location: District of Columbia, USA
Web Address: http://www.lado.edu
Job Rank: Academic Director
Specialty Areas: Applied Linguistics; ESL/EFL/Curriculum Design/Teacher Training
Required Language(s): English (eng)
The Academic Director (AD) maintains the academic integrity of LADO
Enterprises, Inc. Academic integrity is defined as attending to three
specific concerns. First, all academic programs at LADO embody Dr. Lado's
pedagogy. Second, LADO provides proven, modern teaching materials. Third,
LADO is accredited.
The Academic Director is an integral part of the school management team.
The Academic Director reports to the President. On a day-to-day basis the
Academic Director works under the leadership of the CEO. The Academic
Director decides on academic matters to ensure a uniform learning
experience for teachers and students across LADO centers. The Academic
Director coordinates with the Center Managers in all issues of an academic
Position Requirements/Character Traits:
1. Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in TESOL, linguistics, or a related
field and extensive classroom and one-to-one ESL/EFL teaching experience at
all levels in a variety of school environments in the US.
2. Familiarity with using information systems for teaching purposes such as
Computer-Assisted Language Learning (C.A.L.L.).
3. Ability to evaluate LADO's academic needs and effectively utilize
available hardware and software resources to ensure LADO's curriculum and
teaching are up-to-date from a technological standpoint.
4. Native-speaker command of the English language. Excellent verbal and
written communication skills in English sufficient to represent LADO
professionally with clients, government institutions, accreditation
agencies, and at outside events
5. Service oriented, team player
6. Cross-cultural communication sensitivity
7. Ability to experiment with and develop new ideas about teaching foreign
8. Strong project management, coordination skills
9. Familiar with accreditation standards and compliance practices
The following are desired, but not required items, in addition to the
requirements listed above:
1. Master's Degree or equivalent in TESOL, Linguistics, or related field
2. Knowledge/fluency in a foreign language
3. Teaching experience outside the US where English is not an official
4. Living experience in a foreign country where English is not spoken.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reports on status of student body academic progress
- Ensures that learning outcomes and course objectives are met by all of
LADO's academic programs.
- Initiates, develops and implements curriculum-related policies and
- Stewards instructional methodology, classroom practices, testing, and
instructional material (syllabi, exams, student placement, supplemental
- Ensures compliance with LADO's internal academic standards as well as
accrediting agency standards.
- Develops new programs, courses, and materials as needed.
- Utilizes a variety of resources and techniques to review center and
program performance on a regular basis.
- Reviews multi-media lab resources on an ongoing basis
- Makes recommendations on upgrades to the systems in the multi-media lab
on an annual basis.
- Oversees and establishes standards for teacher evaluations. Trains Center
Managers in conducting effective classroom observations and performance
- Supervises, evaluates and train teacher trainers
- Conducts or oversees training for LADO Faculty
- Address concerns from, and implements, new ideas coming from teachers
- Provides assistance and advice to instructors
Application Deadline: Open until filled.
Email Address for Applications: ceolado.edu
Read more issues|LINGUIST home page|Top of issue
Please report any bad links or misclassified data
LINGUIST Homepage | Read
LINGUIST | Contact us
While the LINGUIST List makes every effort to ensure the linguistic relevance of sites listed
on its pages, it cannot vouch for their contents.