LINGUIST List 19.2396|
Fri Aug 01 2008
Support: Syntax: PhD Student, CRISSP/Hogeschool-Universiteit Brussel
Editor for this issue: Bethany Townsend
To post to LINGUIST, use our convenient web form at
Syntax: PhD Student, CRISSP/Hogeschool-Universiteit Brussel, Belgium
Message 1: Syntax: PhD Student, CRISSP/Hogeschool-Universiteit Brussel, Belgium
From: Jeroen van Craenenbroeck <jeroen.vancraenenbroeckhubrussel.be>
Subject: Syntax: PhD Student, CRISSP/Hogeschool-Universiteit Brussel, Belgium
E-mail this message to a friend
Institution/Organization: CRISSP/Hogeschool-Universiteit Brussel
Web Address: http://www.crissp.be
Job Rank: PhD
Specialty Areas: Syntax
The Syntax of the DP
The Center for Research in Syntax, Semantics and Phonology (CRISSP,
www.crissp.be) is a research unit that forms part of the Hogeschool-Universiteit
Brussel (www.hubrussel.be) in Brussels, and that is affiliated with the Catholic
University of Leuven. CRISSP wishes to announce one PhD-position on the syntax
of the DP.
- participation in an MPhil program.
- presentation of research results at international conferences.
- helping to organize a conference on the project topic.
- writing articles for international journals.
- writing a dissertation.
- a MA degree in Linguistics, or Language(s), with specialisation in linguistics.
- a curious, enterprising, and creative mind; excellent analytical skills.
- good writing skills, fluency in English.
- an interest in relating intricate language data to advanced linguistic theorizing.
- an outstanding record of undergraduate and Master's level work.
- preferably research experience in the relevant field.
- an ability to work independently.
- a willingness to learn Dutch.
Conditions of Employment:
- The position should begin Oct. 1, 2008.
- The successful applicant will be appointed at the Hogeschool-Universiteit
Brussel for one year. After a positive evaluation, the application can be
extended for another three years (in one- or two-year contracts).
- Gross salary will be approximately 1,800 EUR per month in the first year,
gradually rising to approximately 2,000 EUR per month in the final year.
- Applicants should be citizens of a country belonging to the Common European
Economic Space (which includes Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Denmark, Germany,
Estonia, Finland, France, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Iceland, Latvia,
Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxemburg, Malta, the Netherlands, Norway, Austria,
Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovenia, Slovakia, Spain, the Czech Republic, the UK
and Sweden), or else they should have a permanent residence permit in Belgium or
be citizens of a country with which Belgium has a treaty regarding social security.
If you are interested in applying, we would like to receive (in Dutch or English):
- a letter of application (in which you describe (i) why you are interested in a
PhD project, and (ii) why you think you are a good candidate).
- a research proposal concerning the syntax of the DP (in English; max 2,000 words).
- your curriculum vitae.
- copies of diplomas and grade lists.
- names and full contact details of three referees.
- any further documentation (BA, MA or M.Phil theses, representative articles or
Applications Deadline: 15-Sep-2008
Mailing Address for Applications:
Attn: Prof. dr. Guido Vanden Wyngaerd
Koningsstraat 336 lokaal 006
Prof. dr. Jeroen van Craenenbroeck
Read more issues|LINGUIST home page|Top of issue
Please report any bad links or misclassified data
LINGUIST Homepage | Read
LINGUIST | Contact us
While the LINGUIST List makes every effort to ensure the linguistic relevance of sites listed
on its pages, it cannot vouch for their contents.