LINGUIST List 19.2247|
Tue Jul 15 2008
Jobs: Natural Language Processing: Programmer, Basis Technology Corp.
Editor for this issue: Bethany Townsend
The LINGUIST List strongly encourages employers to use
non-discriminatory standards in hiring policy. In particular we urge
that employers do not discriminate on the grounds of race, ethnicity,
nationality, age, religion, gender, or sexual orientation. However, we
have no means of enforcing these standards.
Job seekers should pay special attention to language in ads regarding
employment requirements and are encouraged to consult our international
employment page at http://linguistlist.org/jobs/jobnet.html. This page has been
set up so that people can report on the employment standards of various countries.
To post to LINGUIST, use our convenient web form at
Natural Language Processing: Programmer, Basis Technology Corp., Cambridge, MA, USA
Message 1: Natural Language Processing: Programmer, Basis Technology Corp., Cambridge, MA, USA
From: Lucius <melissabasistech.com>
Subject: Natural Language Processing: Programmer, Basis Technology Corp., Cambridge, MA, USA
E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: Basis Technology Corp.
Job Location: Massachusetts, USA
Web Address: http://www.basistech.com
Job Rank: Programmer
Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics; Natural Language Processing
Basis Technology has an opening for an experienced Software Engineer with
Natural Language Processing expertise to work in our Development group. In
this position, you will join leaders in text analysis to build and enhance
linguistic capabilities of our products for document analysis and entity
This is a full-time position and is available immediately. We are located
in Cambridge, MA (near the Alewife T stop). The Company offers a
competitive salary and a generous benefits package. We are an equal
Responsibilities and Essential Job Functions:
- Design, train, and evaluate statistical models for text analysis using
- Implement production-quality Java and C/C++ following principles of
- Collaborate with an Agile team to both research new ideas and to develop
them into products
- MS or BS in relevant subject area (e.g., Computer Science)
- 2-5 years programming experience in Java or C/C++ or similar
- 2-5 years experience with NLP / Computational Linguistics / Machine Learning
- Knowledge of Python, Perl, Ruby or a similar language
- Speaking, reading and writing ability in languages other than English is
a plus, especially Asian or Middle Eastern languages
- Able and willing to absorb new information quickly and switch gears easily
- Excitement for elegant ideas and high-quality implementations
Please send resumes and inquiries to the application email listed below
with "NLP Software Engineer" in the subject line. No agency submissions please.
Application Deadline: This position has been filled.
Email Address for Applications:
Read more issues|LINGUIST home page|Top of issue
Please report any bad links or misclassified data
LINGUIST Homepage | Read
LINGUIST | Contact us
While the LINGUIST List makes every effort to ensure the linguistic relevance of sites listed
on its pages, it cannot vouch for their contents.