LINGUIST List 18.2324|
Sat Aug 04 2007
Jobs: Cognitive Science, Comp Ling: Computational Linguist, Blue Egg
Editor for this issue: Bethany Townsend
The LINGUIST List strongly encourages employers to use
non-discriminatory standards in hiring policy. In particular we urge
that employers do not discriminate on the grounds of race, ethnicity,
nationality, age, religion, gender, or sexual orientation. However, we
have no means of enforcing these standards.
Job seekers should pay special attention to language in ads regarding
employment requirements and are encouraged to consult our international
employment page at http://linguistlist.org/jobs/jobnet.html. This page has been
set up so that people can report on the employment standards of various countries.
To post to LINGUIST, use our convenient web form at
Cognitive Science, Computational Linguistics: Computational Linguist, Blue Egg, Cambridge, MA, USA
Message 1: Cognitive Science, Computational Linguistics: Computational Linguist, Blue Egg, Cambridge, MA, USA
From: Amy Renaud <arenaudblueegg.com>
Subject: Cognitive Science, Computational Linguistics: Computational Linguist, Blue Egg, Cambridge, MA, USA
E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: Blue Egg
Web Address: http://www.blueegg.com
Job Rank: Computational Linguist
Specialty Areas: Cognitive Science; Computational Linguistics
BlueEgg is a dynamic, fast-paced start-up organization located in
Cambridge, MA that is tackling fundamental questions in how to leverage
domain-specific knowledge in Internet search.
You should be comfortable with developing new technologies in a start-up
environment (i.e., rapid prototyping, shared design/build responsibility,
high energy), and be highly self-motivated.
- Use industry-standard technologies for taxonomy building and management.
- Manage classification engine results including manipulation and enhancement.
- Extract concepts using a number of different knowledge reasoning methods.
- Work with vendors and in-house engineers to analyze and improve
full-text search and retrieval.
- Analyze performance of the search engine and recommend specific changes.
- Refine your solutions based on performance metrics and statistics.
- Document your solutions, including participating in patent applications.
- Understanding of the issues involved in taxonomy design and information
- Must be comfortable with abstract computer science concepts
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to remain flexible to meet changing workload demands
- Basic knowledge of software testing and quality assurance fundamentals
- Legal authorization to work in the US
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record with taxonomy
management and expertise in information retrieval (including an
understanding of the issues in the Internet search engine design space).
- An undergraduate degree in a relevant subject.
- A postgraduate degree in computational linguistics, artificial
intelligence, cognitive science, or a related discipline is preferred.
Application Deadline: Open until filled.
Email Address for Applications: rkattarblueegg.com
Read more issues|LINGUIST home page|Top of issue
Please report any bad links or misclassified data
LINGUIST Homepage | Read
LINGUIST | Contact us
While the LINGUIST List makes every effort to ensure the linguistic relevance of sites listed
on its pages, it cannot vouch for their contents.