LINGUIST List 17.2032|
Tue Jul 11 2006
Calls: Applied Linguistics/Sociolinguistics
Editor for this issue: Maria Moreno-Rollins
As a matter of policy, LINGUIST discourages the use of abbreviations
or acronyms in conference announcements unless they are explained in
the text. To post to LINGUIST, use our convenient web form at
Journal of Universal Language
Message 1: Journal of Universal Language
From: Jin-young Tak <jytaksejong.ac.kr>
Subject: Journal of Universal Language
Full Title: Journal of Universal Language
Linguistic Field(s): General Linguistics
Call Deadline: 30-Jul-2006
The Final Call for the Journal of Universal Language (7:2)
As a token of our gratitude, the contributors will be awarded the $500
honorarium (which is subject to taxation).
The Journal of Universal Language provides a forum for discussions of
theoretical or practical research that pays close attention to language
usage, so as to provide a channel of communication between researchers of
various viewpoints. The primary aim of the journal is to encourage work
that makes people recognize the importance of the better communication tool
to those unfamiliar with the linguistic knowledge, as well as work that
makes the complex nature of language more accessible to those working
outside the linguistic framework under review.
The journal is structured to include:
- work on artificial language, communication & culture in language usage,
typology, and universality in language;
- interdisciplinary contributions written with applied linguists in mind;
- brief notes, comments or observation concerning official languages;
- reaction/replies to recent papers;
- book reviews of important linguistic titles;
- letters to the editors.
Notes to Contributors
1. The length of a manuscript should not exceed 40 pages.
2. A 200-word abstract and keywords should be given at the beginning of
3. Manuscripts should be submitted on A4 paper, with the margins at least
4cm on all four sides of each sheet. They may be single-spaced and/or
double-sided if desired.
Submission deadline: July 30, 2006.
(However, we accept manuscripts throughout the year.)
Notification of acceptance: Aug 10, 2005
Submission of camera-ready papers: Sept 10, 2006
1. Electronic submissions are acceptable. Acceptable file formats are
Portable Document Format (.pdf) and MS Word (.doc). Please send your file
in an attachment to jytaksejong.ac.kr.
2. For hard copy submissions, please send 3 copies, accompanied by a cover
letter which includes the author's name, affiliation, address, and home or
office phone numbers, to:
Jin-young Tak, Editor
Department of English Language/Literature
Gunjs-kwan 401B, Gunja-dong, Gwangjin-gu, Seoul, Korea
Respond to list|Read more issues|LINGUIST home page|Top of issue
Please report any bad links or misclassified data
LINGUIST Homepage | Read
LINGUIST | Contact us
While the LINGUIST List makes every effort to ensure the linguistic relevance of sites listed
on its pages, it cannot vouch for their contents.