LINGUIST List 17.1666|
Fri Jun 02 2006
FYI: Festschrift For Munzali Jibril
Editor for this issue: Svetlana Aksenova
To post to LINGUIST, use our convenient web form at http://linguistlist.org/LL/posttolinguist.html.
1. Dr. Ozo-mekuri
Festschrift For Munzali Jibril
Message 1: Festschrift For Munzali Jibril
From: Dr. Ozo-mekuri Ndimele <mekuri01yahoo.com>
Subject: Festschrift For Munzali Jibril
The Executive Council of the Linguistic Association of Nigeria (LAN) met
recently at the University of Port Harcourt, Port Harcourt, whereupon it
was decided that the 5th Volume of the Celebrities Series entitled:
Convergence - English & Nigerian Languages be devoted to Professor Munzali
Jibril. The essence of this project is not only to celebrate scholarship in
our field, but also to congratulate Professor Jibril on his eventful tenure
as the Executive Secretary, National Universities Commission (NUC). As a
linguist of international repute, Professor Jibril has touched the lives of
many of his professional colleagues, friends and students. The festschrift
is our own little way to appreciate his good deeds, and to thank him for
his unparalled devotion to scholarship.
It is my pleasure therefore to invite well-written papers focusing on
English, Nigerian languages & their literatures for publication in the 5th
Volume of the Celebrities Series in honour of Professor Munzali Jibril.
Deadline: 30 December, 2006.
Please note the following guidelines in preparing your paper:
1. Your manuscript must be formatted and printed on A4 size paper. Do not
staple the pages. No photocopies required.
2. All headings, sub-headings and the title of your paper should be
presented in title case throughout. Run neither headers nor footers.
3. Text should be typed on 13 points Times New Roman in single line
spacing. Double line spacing is, however, allowed between sections.
5. Do not underline any word or title of texts. Use italic in place of
6. Do not separate the title of your paper, your name and abstract from the
rest of the paper. It should be continuous. No cover page is required.
7. Do not use any title against your name (e.g. Dr., Mrs. Prof., Chief, etc.).
8. Type your institutional affiliation directly under your name.
9. Do not page the document. Number the pages on the back side with a pencil.
10. Leave enough margin for binding and trimming. The text area should be 6
inches (width) x 9.5 inches (length).
11. Indentation should not exceed 0.5 cm.
12. Justify your margins (both left and right).
13. An original camera-ready copy (printed on a Laser preferably) should be
forwarded to the Editor. Avoid hand-written annotations.
14. Send your paper electronically as an e-mail attachment or enclose a
15. Authors whose papers are selected for publication will be communicated
Send your contributions to:
Dr. Ozo-mekuri Ndimele (LAN President)
Box 237 Uniport P.O., Department of Linguistics and Communication Studies,
University of Port Harcourt, Nigeria
Linguistic Field(s): General Linguistics; Ling & Literature
Language Family(ies): English; Niger-Congo
Respond to list|Read more issues|LINGUIST home page|Top of issue
Please report any bad links or misclassified data
LINGUIST Homepage | Read
LINGUIST | Contact us
While the LINGUIST List makes every effort to ensure the linguistic relevance of sites listed
on its pages, it cannot vouch for their contents.