LINGUIST List 17.1266|
Wed Apr 26 2006
FYI: CFP for Book on Language Attitudes
Editor for this issue: Svetlana Aksenova
To post to LINGUIST, use our convenient web form at http://linguistlist.org/LL/posttolinguist.html.
CFP for Book on Language Attitudes
Message 1: CFP for Book on Language Attitudes
From: Patricia Donaher <donahermissouriwestern.edu>
Subject: CFP for Book on Language Attitudes
I am looking for papers for a possible publication of collected essays
on language attitudes, both historical and contemporary. Possible
topics include but are not limited to the following:
* historical studies of language and language attitudes, historical
incidents and their outcomes/descendents
* media obsessions with language
* professional, corporate, or other industry-related language attitudes
* attitudes towards dialect, code-switching
* language attitudes and education, including pedagogical approaches
* attitudes expressed in gendered communication or other
* attitudes about second language acquisition
* language attitudes mirrored or explored in literature, pop culture,
* attitudes about the effect of technology on language
* AND? Tell me about your own passion with regard to language
Final essays should be between 6500 and 8000 words, including
Please send proposals or completed papers accompanied by
abstracts via email attachment (MSWord or RTF) by July 1, 2006.
Please include a short curriculum vitae and your contact information.
For more information, contact me by phone or email.
Patricia Donaher, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor of English
Dept of English
Missouri Western State University
4525 Downs Drive
St. Joseph, MO 64507
Linguistic Field(s): General Linguistics; Historical Linguistics; Sociolinguistics
Respond to list|Read more issues|LINGUIST home page|Top of issue
Please report any bad links or misclassified data
LINGUIST Homepage | Read
LINGUIST | Contact us
While the LINGUIST List makes every effort to ensure the linguistic relevance of sites listed
on its pages, it cannot vouch for their contents.