LINGUIST List 16.3336|
Fri Nov 18 2005
Jobs: Spanish & Translation: Translator, IL
Editor for this issue: Vanessa Manion
The LINGUIST List strongly encourages employers to use non-discriminatory standards in hiring policy. In particular we urge that employers do not discriminate on the grounds of race, ethnicity, nationality, age, religion, gender, or sexual orientation. However, we have no means of enforcing these standards. Job seekers should pay special attention to language in ads regarding employment requirements and are encouraged to consult our international employment page http://linguistlist.org/jobs/jobnet.html. This page has been set up so that people can report on the employment standards of various countries. To post to LINGUIST, use our convenient web form at http://linguistlist.org/LL/posttolinguist.html.
Spanish & Translation: Translator, Valtera Corporation, IL, USA
Message 1: Spanish & Translation: Translator, Valtera Corporation, IL, USA
From: Kim Magnan <hrvaltera.com>
Subject: Spanish & Translation: Translator, Valtera Corporation, IL, USA
University or Organization: Valtera Corporation
Job Rank: Translator
Specialty Areas: Translation
Required Language(s): Spanish (spa)
Valtera is a professional services firm based in Chicago, IL (Rolling Meadows)
that provides a unique mixture of scientific expertise, consulting, and
technology to global organizations. Founded in 1977, Valtera is a recognized
leader in organizational science serving our large and successful, global clients.
The Translator will provide accurate translations in languages of expertise.
Additionally, the successful candidate will assist the Manager of Translation
Services in monitoring all phases of the translation process for foreign
language documents, including work with outside translation firms and vendors.
Required Skills and Experience:
- 4 year college graduate.
- Fluent in Spanish (both oral and especially written proficiency).
Preference will be given to candidates with proficiency in multiple languages.
- Preference will be given to candidates with a degree and/or certificate in
- Good English grammar (when translating both formal documents as well as
text that is more conversational in nature into English).
- 3-5 years experience in a professional and/or educational work environment.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, including MS Word, Excel, and Access.
- Demonstrate a attention to detail and quality.
- Demonstrate strong planning skills and ability to think ahead and prepare on a
- Ability to implement and troubleshoot changes and modifications.
- Ability to coordinate and negotiate with outside vendors to achieve maximum
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills and working with others in a
- Strong ability to multitask and organize independently.
We offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package. Please
fax or e-mail your resume and cover letter (with salary history) to 847-427-2309
or hrvaltera.com. No Phone Calls Please. Local Candidates Preferred. Equal
Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.
Address for Applications:
Human Resources Manager Kim Magnan
1701 Golf Road, Ste. 2-1100
Rolling Meadows, IL 60008
Application Deadline: Open until filled.
Respond to list|Read more issues|LINGUIST home page|Top of issue
Please report any bad links or misclassified data
LINGUIST Homepage | Read
LINGUIST | Contact us
While the LINGUIST List makes every effort to ensure the linguistic relevance of sites listed
on its pages, it cannot vouch for their contents.