LINGUIST List 16.3210|
Tue Nov 08 2005
Jobs: General Ling: Persian Linguist/QA Tester, MA
Editor for this issue: Vanessa Manion
The LINGUIST List strongly encourages employers to use non-discriminatory standards in hiring policy. In particular we urge that employers do not discriminate on the grounds of race, ethnicity, nationality, age, religion, gender, or sexual orientation. However, we have no means of enforcing these standards. Job seekers should pay special attention to language in ads regarding employment requirements and are encouraged to consult our international employment page http://linguistlist.org/jobs/jobnet.html. This page has been set up so that people can report on the employment standards of various countries. To post to LINGUIST, use our convenient web form at http://linguistlist.org/LL/posttolinguist.html.
Persian & General Linguistics: Persian Linguist/QA Tester, Basis Technology, MA, USA
Message 1: Persian & General Linguistics: Persian Linguist/QA Tester, Basis Technology, MA, USA
From: Eva Sanchez <evabasistech.com>
Subject: Persian & General Linguistics: Persian Linguist/QA Tester, Basis Technology, MA, USA
This announcement was accompanied by a donation to the LINGUIST List!
University or Organization: Basis Technology
Job Rank: Persian Linguist/QA Tester
Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics; Discipline of Linguistics; General
Linguistics; Text/Corpus Linguistics
Required Language(s): Farsi, Western (pes); Tajiki (tgk); Farsi, Eastern (prs)
Basis Technology has an opening for a native speaker of Persian. This is a
part-time contract position (20+ hours a week) and is open now.
We are located in Cambridge, MA but the work can be done remotely.
- Native proficiency in Persian with excellent grammar skills
- Very good familiarity with internet communication methods, including
internet chat, instant messaging, discussion groups, message boards, etc
- Ability to use a web-based data analysis tool
- Access to networked computer capable of displaying Persian text
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent English communication skills
- Candidates with US citizen or permanent resident status are preferred.
- Identify dialect or colloquial Persian text in Persian or Latin script
- Review transliterated/latinized Persian text and provide the equivalent terms
in Persian script
- Identify the dialect indicators (if any) in Persian text
- Vocalize Persian script
Address for Applications:
150 CambridgePark Dr.
Cambridge, MA 02474
Application Deadline: Open until filled.
Respond to list|Read more issues|LINGUIST home page|Top of issue
Please report any bad links or misclassified data
LINGUIST Homepage | Read
LINGUIST | Contact us
While the LINGUIST List makes every effort to ensure the linguistic relevance of sites listed
on its pages, it cannot vouch for their contents.