LINGUIST List 16.2355|
Tue Aug 09 2005
Jobs: Comp Ling: Language Specialist, SVOX AG
Editor for this issue: Ann Sawyer
The LINGUIST List strongly encourages employers to use non-discriminatory standards in hiring policy. In particular we urge that employers do not discriminate on the grounds of race, ethnicity, nationality, age, religion, gender, or sexual orientation. However, we have no means of enforcing these standards. Job seekers should pay special attention to language in ads regarding employment requirements and are encouraged to consult our international employment page http://linguistlist.org/jobs/jobnet.html. This page has been set up so that people can report on the employment standards of various countries. To post to LINGUIST, use our convenient web form at http://linguistlist.org/LL/posttolinguist.html.
Computational Linguistics: Language Specialist, SVOX AG, Zurich, Switzerland
Message 1: Computational Linguistics: Language Specialist, SVOX AG, Zurich, Switzerland
From: Gutzwiller <gutzwillersvox.com>
Subject: Computational Linguistics: Language Specialist, SVOX AG, Zurich, Switzerland
This announcement was accompanied by a donation to the LINGUIST List!
University or Organization: SVOX AG
Job Rank: Language Specialist
Specialty Areas: Applied Linguistics; Computational Linguistics; Phonetics;
Phonology; Swedish; Danish; Russian; Polish; Text-to-Speech
SVOX AG is a dynamic technology company specialized in text-to-speech. We
are seeking to temporarily (6 - 10 months) add to our language development
team several language specialists for Swedish, Danish, Russian, and Polish.
You will create new language components for use with our state-of-the-art
We invite applications from language specialists that natively speak one or
more of the above mentioned languages. SVOX provides a varied position in
an international, fast-paced, results-oriented environment.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Development of language-specific components needed to analyze texts
(grammars, rule sets, lexicon evaluation and script-based adaption)
- Quality assessment and improvement of phonemic transcriptions
- Definition of accentuation and phrasing rules
- Preparation of text material for recordings
- Supervising the recordings
- Annotating the recordings and creating a speech database
- Testing and quality assessment of the integrated system
Qualifications and Required Skills:
- Native speaker of Swedish, Danish, Russian, or Polish. Expert knowledge
of one or more of the other languages is a strong plus
- Masters degree in linguistics, computer science, or related field
- 1+ years experience in text-to-speech technology
- Interest in speech synthesis, prosody, and morpho-syntactic analysis of text
- Working knowledge of English
- Has a positive attitude and enjoys working in a team
- Programming and scripting skills are desirable
- Willingness to relocate to Zurich, Switzerland for 6 - 10 months
Start Dates are:
- For Swedish: as soon as possible
- Others: early 2006
Please send a cover letter and your resume to hrsvox.com.
Address for Applications
SVOX AG, HR
Application Deadline: Open until filled.
SVOX AG, HR
Phone: +41 43 544 06 20
Respond to list|Read more issues|LINGUIST home page|Top of issue
Please report any bad links or misclassified data
LINGUIST Homepage | Read
LINGUIST | Contact us
While the LINGUIST List makes every effort to ensure the linguistic relevance of sites listed
on its pages, it cannot vouch for their contents.