LINGUIST List 16.1613|
Fri May 20 2005
Jobs: Applied Linguistics: Researcher, Italy
Editor for this issue: Vanessa Manion
The LINGUIST List strongly encourages employers to use non-discriminatory standards in hiring policy. In particular we urge that employers do not discriminate on the grounds of race, ethnicity, nationality, age, religion, gender, or sexual orientation. However, we have no means of enforcing these standards. Job seekers should pay special attention to language in ads regarding employment requirements and are encouraged to consult our international employment page http://linguistlist.org/jobs/jobnet.html. This page has been set up so that people can report on the employment standards of various countries. To post to LINGUIST, use our convenient web form at http://linguistlist.org/LL/posttolinguist.html.
Applied Linguistics: Researcher, European Academy Bolzano/Bozen, Italy
Message 1: Applied Linguistics: Researcher, European Academy Bolzano/Bozen, Italy
From: Andrea Abel <andrea.abeleurac.edu>
Subject: Applied Linguistics: Researcher, European Academy Bolzano/Bozen, Italy
This announcement was accompanied by a donation to the LINGUIST List!
University or Organization: European Academy Bolzano/Bozen
Department: Specialised Communication and Multilingualism
Job Rank: Researcher
Specialty Areas: Applied Linguistics
The Institute for Specialised Communication and Multilingualism of the European
Academy Bozen Bolzano seeks to add to its team of linguists 1 scientific
collaborator for the research project "Language Bridges"
in-depth study of 2 or all of the following topics:
- research in multilingualism and the role of languages in border regions
- development, documentation and evaluation of a teaching module for computer
assisted language learning (CALL)
- planning and implementation of actions aiming at raising language awareness in
multilingual border regions
- compilation of reports, press releases, protocols
- organisation of a conference, workshops and meetings, assistance in the
compilation of financial reports, PR
- contribution to the activities of the Institute for Specialised Communication
- Ph. D in the first topic desirable
- university degree in linguistics, language or social studies
- excellent command of German and Italian, good command of English; additional
language skills are an asset
- strong computer skills, esp. in word processing and spreadsheet programmes.
- ability to work in a team
- proactive attitude
- work experience in the linguistics sector
Conditions of employment:
- 2 years freelance contract combined with Ph.D. study
- 1 year freelance contract, renewable
Please send your detailed CV before 20.06.2005 to: language.laweurac.edu.
Please add the following phrase to your CV, otherwise your application will not
be considered: I consent to the use of my personal data in accordance with the
provisions of decree 196/2003.
Further information on the project:
Address for Applications:
Application Deadline: 20-Jun-2005
Phone: +39 0471 055100
Respond to list|Read more issues|LINGUIST home page|Top of issue
Please report any bad links or misclassified data
LINGUIST Homepage | Read
LINGUIST | Contact us
While the LINGUIST List makes every effort to ensure the linguistic relevance of sites listed
on its pages, it cannot vouch for their contents.